A tank within a tank!

OzShrimp

I have this thought in my head to make a tank extra extra large breeder box to go in my 4ft due to restraints of only 1 tank. I was wondering if anyone has attempted to do anything similar at a large scale.

I am thinking possibly perspex or something that i could heat with something and bend it to curve the sides etc and attach it to my tank. Ultimately my aim is to establish somewhat of a tank within my tank that permits good flow due to the chiller running in summer (hit 52 here last summer) and would like to start keeping some snow whites but would like them separated.

Any tips or previous experiences would be greatly appreciated, as i dont want to have to travel 3 and a bit hours back to bunnings for supplies

Why not just using the internal breeder boxes ? I use them, but my biggest issue is because they're perspex, they tend to scratch, and get dirty more quickly.... Can modify the flow to create better circulation, and in fact, will be working n this tomorrow.

Can always just put a removable divider in the tank. Also, if you really want to make an acrylic tank, I suggest using Acryfix instead of heating it & bending it. 1. The corners won't bend square, they will always have a curve in them. 2. The corners will also spread so glueing the sides will be difficult without a flush surface. Best thing to do is make it like a normal tank & silicone some polystyrene on the sides. :encouragement:

Why not just using the internal breeder boxes ? I use them' date=' but my biggest issue is because they're perspex, they tend to scratch, and get dirty more quickly.... Can modify the flow to create better circulation, and in fact, will be working n this tomorrow.[/quote']

i have breeder boxes but unfortunately only the aquaone midi float ones, was thinking of having more depth in the breeder box as opposed to height. I did contemplate modifying my midi floats and join them together but if i stuffed up then i have none lol . If you wouldnt mind sharing what you do to yours BB and which one you use it would be greatly appreciated

The removable divider option i have been considering last time i tried it though it didnt work out the best lol, but guessing i might be able to buy one somewhere nd just reorganise my tank again to make it work.