SHRIMPYY'S FRIST CHERRY SHRIMP 4FT build

shrimpyy

hey guy's, well I joined SKF only a few days ago and I went went to go pick up a 3ft tank and stand for $30 bucks post-12-139909863212_thumb.jpg it was in a far worst condition when I picked it up :0 put painted the stand black and changed a few thing, but then when I was about to move it into the house I came across a 4ft tank with heaps of drift wood, plants, cherry shrimp, and 4x massive cat fish, the tank was all up and running when I went to look at it and I sussed out a few things and it was sold to me :) so today I went to go strip it down and bring home so here is a few pic's, post-1840-139909854352_thumb.jpg how it was a night and how I saw it, [ATTACH]4495[/ATTACH] when I started to drain it and get some the shrimp out! FAIL!!! haha post-3445-139909854354_thumb.jpg when we packed them in my dad's falcon, ill show pic's of when I put most of the shrimp in to my 2fter and how the 4ft is sitting now and waiting for the 2fter to clear up so I can put some more plants in! but I am using a internal filter so hopefully not to many shrimp get sucked up :) :) and thanks to a few members for helping me out!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!:encouragement:

post-3652-139909862369_thumb.jpg

post-3652-139909862372_thumb.jpg

post-3652-139909862377_thumb.jpg

post-3652-139909862382_thumb.jpg

That 4 foot looks much better then the other one. Please continue to share your journey when you have it set up. Good luck mate.

This has all the makings of a great thread...do keep us posted...good luck with your journey.

Nice one. Plenty of room in the 4 footer for shrimp.

BTW. I've been looking for a 3 foot metal stand like your first one for ages.

Yeah I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the 3ft yet I might be selling it so I can buy a display 3fter :0 :)

yeah the Plans are! tomorrow night im getting a dark oil and going to sand and re-oil the stand so its all nice and clean!, and then order some plant soil tomorrow night! Yay can Not wait :) I havae so many pics to upload but a massage comes up from tapatalk saying " exceeds your quta by 8.4 KB, click here to view your attachments" but there nothing to click! GRRR

Looks very cool dude, definitely got some serious potential. I'll be watching this thread with great interest, thanks for sharing! :applause:

210lldh.jpgwwell this is how the 2fter was last night! so this morning im got up early :( for work so I can start cleaning the 4fter and cut new lids :)

ok guy's well I got most of the gravel out of the 4ft and hosed it out now iv got to get some sponge's to wipe all the harden stuff but that ok cause ill do that tonight after work :) Well hate a thread with out Pic's so here a few shrimpyy pic's :) well here the 2ft this morning 2mripdt.jpg and here a few shrimp some some moss 2gt46mp.jpg but there some really dark red shrimp but then so patchy shrimp with red and clear? don't know what they are ahah :) thank's Shrimppy

how do you find the shrimp like those algae wafers your using? I found mine barely touched them

how do you find the shrimp like those algae wafers your using? I found mine barely touched them

yeah mine to like it 80% of the shrimp are sitting on them! but I don't know what brand they are as I brought 1 kg from off the net a few weeks ago

Well not a lot happened today got home from work and just cleaned out the 4fter so I can get black backing! ( just going to use black paper would use paint but not sure what type to use ) but I was wondering my 20kgs of black gravel won't be here till next week so can I fill the 4fter up and add the gravel then? Was going to go for shrimp sand but I don't think I'll put CRS in there any time soon! But what left to do

* clean filter out and replace o-ring deals as the canister need TLC ( owner said as hasn't touch the filter

Since see got it 3 yeah ago )

* clean the light housing as it a little rusty

* let the tank cycle

Then add gravel and shrimp ahha

Also do gravel and sand places sell black gravel? Or even bunnings?

Thanks Blake

• HOF Member

You need to be careful what type of gravel you get. The LFS sell inert gravels they don't dissolve and change your ph. If you want to use other gravel get a bit and try a couple of tests, vinegar is good put a bit on the gravel and if it bubbles the gravel or rock isn't suitable, or put a small amount in a glass with water take the ph and leave it overnight and check it again if no change it should be safe.

Bunnings sell sand for play pits which apparently is shrimp safe.

gravel or sand is fine for cherries but proper shrimp soil is recommended for Crystal and higher grade shrimp:encouragement:

+1 with Ineke, if you really want black then get some quartz gravel, just make sure you rinse it well before putting it in your tank as you will get a massive dust cloud in the tank if you don't. :victorious:

Ok thanks I was going to get a 20kg of black gravel from aquariums alive not sure what brand but ill try and find some of the other gravel u said

ok Thanks I got paint today at Bunning and some varnish for the stand! going to paint the back tomorrow night maybe if I get time after work (gotta work all weekend ): but more money for shrimps, cant wait to set it up just wish I could find some gravel! I don't know what to do there! or where to get the black gravel from,

Shrimpyy is angry

hey guy's well I painted the back of my tank Black to stand the shrimp out but just after I finished I was meant to paint the side with the most marks on the glass but instead I painted the side with the less? so now the front of my tank is all marked and looks like crap? so Im thinking I might have to scrape all the paint off and start again :( does any one hsve any idea how to please :) well im going to bed to get ready for a full day of work!! I LOVE WORKING ALL WEEKEND :( image.jpg

green shot screen capture