International Aquatic Plant Layout Contest 2013 results

hsoje

Hi everyone,

I see no ones posted it on SKF yet so here is the results page. This year there were 2164 entrants and 13 Aussie entrants, 1 in the top 100!!

Ill update with the Pic's when they become available, or if anyone finds them first feel free to share

http://en.iaplc.com/results13/pdf/ranking2013.pdf

Thanks josh

Cool! Are you the Josh at #98? If so very well done! :encouragement:

Why aren't more Aussies entering in this comp?

I think its a case of having the right 'affordable' tank and the equipment for starters. Also there isn't a huge amount of advertising. Plus in all honesty while I love ADA I loath the wholesalers, one person in particular who is pretty much impossible to deal with. Such a shame when you consider the brand is excellent. Requires a lot of dedication and imagination as well, something I drastically missing hence I work in IT where I use a different form of 'creativity' to achieve results

I hear you.

Just noticed I am #17! Yay! Oh! Wait.... That's another Serkan :p

Cool! Are you the Josh at #98? If so very well done! :encouragement:Why aren't more Aussies entering in this comp?
ahahah no i wish mate i placed 704 this year 4th among the aussies. Over the moon for first attempt
I think its a case of having the right 'affordable' tank and the equipment for starters. Also there isn't a huge amount of advertising. Plus in all honesty while I love ADA I loath the wholesalers' date=' one person in particular who is pretty much impossible to deal with. Such a shame when you consider the brand is excellent. Requires a lot of dedication and imagination as well, something I drastically missing hence I work in IT where I use a different form of 'creativity' to achieve results[/quote']I feel your pain davin the IT industry does lack the free thinking Creativity used to create these artworks,ADA in Aus could be so much more i think lol but on the note of why more people arnt entering, yes it could be said not much advertising is done but you can also argue that if your into aquascapeing then your more than likely to have heard about the IAPLC.Time is another reason i guess, just thinking how many hours i spent it really took a lot out of me (not that i was complaining).Ive heared also that here in AUS we pay so much more ADA (like we do for almost everything), anyone experienced ADA overseas?

Soo happy for you josh! Great achievement :)

oh I started a DIY CO2 today - wish me luck!

• 3 weeks later...

Ive heared also that here in AUS we pay so much more ADA (like we do for almost everything)' date=' anyone experienced ADA overseas?[/quote']

All the ADA products i have ever purchased have been directly sent to me from Japan, It usually ends up being 2 or 3 times cheaper including freight. especially glassware.

ordering from Japanese websites is also impossible, as Japanese websites do not sell ADA products online due too many cases of 'confusion' and to decrease returns. It can only be sold in-store AFAIK. Only reason i'm able to get my hands on it is because i have some contacts :encouragement: but it is still an absolute nightmare.