Does anyone know what happened to Shrimpsider?

Squiggle

As the heading says, does anyone know what happened to Imke, a.k.a. Shrimpsider? I used to read her site regularly as it was a wealth of good reliable information & I went to have a bit of a read & was horrified to find a post saying goodbye.

http://shrimpsider.wordpress.com/

I was wondering if anyone knows why she has just dropped out of the shrimp game? I for one am sorry to see such a knowledgeable person drop out of the shrimp hobby & I'm sad to see her go. :(

• HOF Member

Always worry when someone appears to disappear, Oz was gone for a while too and that devil Chi hasn't been harassing me lately but happily they are both back now. Luv ya Chi:congratulatory:

• HOF Member

I already have a grumpy old man at home don't need a grumpy young one LOL;)

Now Chi's absence explains why there hasn't been so much hatred and envy towards bb's constant success with his bb mutations an tibees lately haha.

Such a shame to loose ShrimpSider but 5 years your interest can often change

• HOF Member

I think from her closing statement and some remarks in her posts it is also due to the change in attitude of people . As we have seen and heard from other forums things ain't what they used to be. Thankfully our forum members are fantastic and its often the members who cheer us up at moments of loss instead of being told how stupid you are for the loss as on some sites.

Holy crap ! That's tragic. Imke is an inspiration !, and have shared, and directed so many of us here and around the world ! I'm gonna hunt her down !

Hahaha, maybe Andrew. :encouragement: I have to agree with you BigD, our interests do change over time but, as Ineke mentioned, I think it's the people(this forum not included) that have changed. I really hope she hasn't had too many bad experiences that she is completely jaded by it. I do hope she doesn't stay away for good, the one thing that gives me hope of her returning is these little guys are so cute & addictive, also, I hope she got as much joy out of Shrimp Staring as we all do. :victorious:

Holy crap ! That's tragic. Imke is an inspiration !' date=' and have shared, and directed so many of us here and around the world ! I'm gonna hunt her down ![/quote']

I'm looking forward to hearing some good news BB :encouragement:

I know, I could maybe understand not posting any new info but there's not even access to the unbelievably library of existing knowledge :cower:

Imke is just taking a refreshing and well deserved break away from the shrimp world. :-) A true and absolute asset to our hobby.....we'll await patiently for her return. :-)

Yay!! I'm so glad she hasn't left for good, would definitely be a massive loss for the shrimp hobby. Hope she has a great break. :victorious:

Thanks BB :encouragement: