Temporary - plant grow tank

KillieOrCory

Hi all,

I am going to be receiving some plants soon, and had bought some UG a while back that is growing in less than ideal conditions so I've decided to set up a temporary tank to house the new plants that I acquire. This tank will be de-commissioned when my fishroom move and the wall tank is done. ie a few months!

So I've decided to use one of my 50cm tanks.

IMG_2413_zps3009f8a6.jpg

IMG_2415_zps7a8cd83a.jpg

Tank: 50cm Absolute Tank

Substrate: UpAqua

Light: UpAqua Stride Type

Filter: el cheapo internal filter

If I remember to do tonight, I am going to bring the UG and Lilaeopsis brasiliensis from my other place and plant them in this tank.

I envy the fact that you're able to just pull out a spare tank and set it up so quickly :-) sigh..... :-)

Thanks guys! Yes BB it is quite cool how I can just start a tank like that! I pinch myself sometimes, I married an angel :encouragement:

CO2 is on the cards, as I don't have the gear as yet. Only time I played with CO2 before I did the yeast mixture thing.

Anyway, CO2 gear is on order now from a mate of mine who looked after my fishroom while I was away. The least I can do to thank him is to buy some stuff off him.

The plants have arrived today. One of the things I love about living in Canberra is the ease of getting around and how little time it takes. My house is 10mins up the road from work, so at lunchtime I went home :encouragement:

IMG_2419_zps2ac8f8de.jpg

IMG_2421_zps899f0476.jpg

IMG_2422_zpsa6b73d68.jpg

IMG_2423_zps3d359680.jpg

IMG_2424_zps8fbae339.jpg

IMG_2425_zps83397c11.jpg

Looking forward to seeing how these go.

Very impressive collection you have already, can't wait to see their progress, nice pics too. :victorious: