Nitrate removal product

Dean

Glad to help BB, finally I posted something informative for you, one down, ten thousand to go, hahaha :victorious:

Good to see I will give it a go now for transport.

Graeme only has and makes good stuff and has done for years.

So Squig do you see Graeme or Kerry often?

Bob

Cool' date=' I read it that you use 1 cup of Prime, ouch!!!![/quote']It depends on how much water you are using, I use about 2tsp per 100mlNah not very often, only at shows & auctions :encouragement:

• 5 months later...

I have used this product and purigen in the past. I found that the macro pore to be the better product. I was using the macro pore on a 2.5 foot cube and placed it In the top part of my sump near the spinning head. The purigen was used in a canister filter.

The purigen would last about two months before I had to do a week clean of it. The macro pore last well over six months before I needed to clean it.

My opinion (not worth much) is that the macro pore was a better product as it took longer to start to leach the toxins back into the column.

Good to see I will give it a go now for transport.

You bring up a interesting idea bob. A small pinch of Macropore (or purigen) in the breather bag would seem to be a good insurance for the water quality of shrimp being shipped interstate.

Prime isn't the cheapest but you only use 1ml per 40L which is way less than any other so it works out even in the long run. Also' date=' with ion exchange resins like macropore & purigen the only way to properly recharge them is to use bleach, using brine solution does clean them to an extent but only bleach will burn off any organic ions & completely recharge it to it's full potential. I have read the process of the ion exchange resins & "recharging" them with a brine solution just doesn't cut it on the ionic level. As I've already said, they will work but not to their full potential. :encouragement:[/quote']

Graham and Kerry also do a dechlorinator called supachlor, dose rate is 5ml for 200L, i have been using it for ages and in my opinion (not worth much either) supachlor is just as good as prime.

Yeah supachlor is good but I have switched to Fraction, made by the same guy who invented Prime(using his exact same recipe) but a fraction of the cost!(see what I did there, hehehe) :victorious: