no planeria testing 50% dose on common cherrys ,upto orange eye tigers

liljohn_83

so i have a few hydra , and thought id post the results as i go

im doseing at 50%of the recomended dose on 10 seperate tanks , with common cherrys ,upto mishlings,and tigers , also a few fish in the test aswell common bn upto fancy l's , , will be 24 hours after the first dose this eavening and will update and not the results .

so far the hydra have shrunk to a blob and none of the shrimp seem to care

anny questions just ask ill share

john

Thanks for the thread, and sharing your findings..... eager to read the results....

Yeah, I'm interest to see the results too. No Planeria has been getting a pretty poor rep of late, but it's been mostly anecdotal results.

ok so it has been roughly 24 hours at half dose of recomended dose ,witch is 1 spoon per 50 ltrs

i dosed at 1 spoon per 100 ltrs my ph rainge's in tanks from 6.8-7.2 temps rainge from 18 dc-26 dc and my stock list is rather vast and expencive .

i can see 0 problem's with my tanks so far o casualtys 0 side afects '' only problem i can note is my water is not quite as clear as it was prior to doseing

all of the visable hydra is now a speck/dot nothing more im so thrilled with the result's im not going to do the second dose

im going to wait and see if any of the hydra i could see , roughly 30 per tank , actualy die or survive as im curiouse how lower dose is afective as i like the least amount of adetives in my tanks as posible sompthing i picked up in the fish keeping

and to be honest id be glad if all it did was pause the hydra for a month ,,but i will keep this thred updated as time goes on

still got me stuffed how i got hydra as i use rain water filter twice through .04 micron filter ,i can only asume plants

hope the info is useful to others

well day 3 all seems good tanks are clear and all are alive 0 casualtys eaven shrimplets still running around , this is the 50% dose test of no planeria one dose only as i can see no surviveing hydra , and dont like adetives in my water if possible ,,just for the hell of it tonight i will dose one tank with another 50% no planeria so i have a comparisen tank , to see if the hydra comes back in the others or not at one dose , and second tank at 2 doses , ill do the tank with chocolate cherys and ss crs , wich i can then keep an eye on the shrimps to see any problems in low-medium grade shrimp ,,

• Like 1

well still all good news day 4 , even the tank with a second half dose roughly 36 hours after first dose ,,now to sit back and see if any hydra reapers , will keep yous posted

• 2 weeks later...

quick update ,no visible hydra , no deaths , all is well ,, so id say if your trying to kill hydra 2 half doses of no planeria , will do the trick and a seems to be 100 % safe and afective at half dose rates for those that are shy

Thanks for sharing, great work. Do you have strong surface agitation, and what's your filtration like ? i.e. filter rate/turnover ? During the 1st week of testing, did you do any water changes ? Thanks

Very cool results, very promising to see No Planeria is having such positive results when it's had such a bad rap in the past, great work liljohn! :victorious:

I have results to post as well with a different dosing method

day 1 = 25% dose + PRIME for ammonia

day 2 = 50% dose still planaria + PRIME for ammonia

day 3 = 50% dose still planaria + PRIME for ammonia

15% water change

day 4 not sure if i dosed anymore

then gave up

a week or 2 later I see no planaria, not even the tiny ones!

0 deaths, most of my mini ramshorn snails survived too :)

125l tank

ehiem 2215

Great results neosin, thanks for sharing. It's very good to see more results of a promising nature, makes me wonder if they've changed the formula at all after so many bad experiences previously? :victorious:

ok atm im only running sponge filters , 200 lph in 40-45 ltr tanks so some seriouse agitation all my riccia is stuck above the water line ,, sad oh whel ill get some more when i put the canisters back on and all my tanks are testing at 6.8-7 ph , tds roughly 150 ppm or its broken ? lol note i did not use anny thing for amonia for the week i played with the no planeria ,nor did i change the water just top up evaperation ,,also i use the greyham loyd jones declorinator and atm im changeing water at 10 % , might also be none as tech den