How is this for CRS?

JohnH

After repairing my divided tank and adding new benibachi soil I re hooked up the cycled canister filter and let it run for a day and a half.

I tested the water this morning and got

Ammonia: 0.5

Nitrites: 0

Nitrates: 10

I did a 50% water change, added some salty shrimp minerals and this is what I now have

Ammonia: 0.25

Nitrites: 0

Nitrates: < 5

PH: 6.4

EC: 310

GH: 5

KH: 1

Temp: 23c

Apart from the ammonia, how are these parameters for CRS?

I would say that those laramwters are fine for crs.. except for the ammonia as you say..

Once that gets to zero you will probably have to do another water change as your nitrates would have gone up again..

Others may have a different opinion, but i have kept them in those parameters easily without problems..!

+1 agree, get the ammonia down to zero, do a WC & they look fine for crystals, good luck dude :encouragement:

I suspected there was something amiss with my ammonia test kit, so a new test kit confirms my ammonia level is 0.

Some CRS are inbound via the post tomorrow.

Sweet dude, that's awesome news, good luck with your new shrimpies :victorious:

Don't stress too much, as long as your water is stable then they aren't much harder than cherries, I'm sure you'll do amazing :encouragement:

• HOF Member

You better hope you win because I am so going to let you know if I do, but of course it isn't a race:congratulatory:

My money's on you John, Ineke won't leave her shrimp alone in the same tank long enough, she's an obsessive compulsive fiddle-faddle, hahaha :smiley_simmons:

My wife reckons I'm the same, but I don't think I come close to ineke level OCD lol

• HOF Member

I thought you were my friend squiggle ! My crystals have not been moved they have had a partial water change and reacclimatised to the new conditions as a safety precaution, my cherries on the other hand have been moved and shoved from pillar to post and are all breeding . You made me walk right into that didn't you:dejection:

John I thought you were nice too now I'm having second thoughts.

Hahaha, you just can't resist Ineke, hook, line & sinker! :congratulatory: Nice one shrimp mamma :smiley_simmons: