mold

hoang1912

In the last few weeks, I got a big problem with my tank. Shrimplest are dying then adult. I treat the tank with Stability and Bee Max, it seem better. But in the last few days, I got some berried and female dead (1 is nearly atm). I dont know what happen with them. Anyone has been in this problem?

Also, the egg token out and leave in the net and hatching got mold. I clean up everything outside the egg but it still, lose a lot of egg already. Anyone have any suggestion? :sorrow:

IMG_0050.jpg

There appears to be several hobbyist having issues with their tanks ..... suggest you posting pic of tank, WP, any changes/influences over the past 2 weeks (i.e. water changes, dosing no planaria etc......), and any routine, even minor details etc...... Would really love to assist, but difficult without these info ...

With mouldy eggs, there needs to be good filtration through the net / movement within the net, to keep things fresh. Immediately remove (discard) any mouldy eggs, as they will affect others.

This is my WP:

PH: 6-6.4

NH3/NH4: 0

No2: 0

No3: 0

TDS: 147

GH 4-5

KH: 1

From 2 week ago, I did 2 10% water change with RO water on 16 and 18/7, didnt do any water change since that time, just top up around 3-4% yesterday.

Last week, I dose 1 cap of stability(22/7) and putting 2 spoon of Bee Max (23/7 and 27/7).

Before that, I did grave vacuum then I did put 3 ceramic moss hold and I has been rusted, also put IAL,some feeding dish (petri dish purchase from flebey) and 1 more sponge filter for snow white section into the tank.

I use to feed them with Kale which has been grew at the back yard

For feeding, I feed benibachi Kale, BW color, grow and mosura flake food.

Hopfully this is enough information.

IMG_0053.jpg

IMG_0051.jpg

Thanks for the info. WP looks great, the gravel clean may have caused a temporary spike, but difficult to really know. Do you use salty shrimp and/or any mineral powder ?

Thanks. I do use salty mineral GH +. I dont think that's a issue. The berried which toke put to breeding box is dead :((

Thanks. I do use salty mineral GH +. I dont think that's a issue. The berried which toke put to breeding box is dead :((

Never said salty shrimp is an issue, IMO, hobbyist fail to replenish the mineral content i.e. mineral powder especially with using RO water.

Is the dead shrimps coming from a particular section of the tank ? Have you got a O2 test kit ?

I dont have. Last week, most of the dying shrimp from right section, yesterday and today is left and 3rd from left. I dont have o2 test kit, I have 2 air stone in the tank. Does it mean lack of o2?

Next week I will top up matrix and an Uv light to my filter. Does it help?

Sorry to hear of your losses.

i don't have much advise, but I would like to point out that rather than mould, what you are seeing is fungus.

Do you use RO water exclusively?Maybe mixing with some tap water and good water conditioner might be better since tap water has some anti fungal hydrated lime (calcium hydroxide).

Uv light is also good idea to kill fungal spores.

Hopefully that is the issue.

Thanks for asking. I dont think there are any problem with the tape water and my RO unit since the other tank use the same water and they are alright. I try to think and remember what did I done to make them dead compare with other tanks.