Hedge ur bets now ! When will they drop

blackcat

Hmmmm, I have to agree with Andrew, that doesn't look right if they came from blue velvets :confused:

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• blackcat

• Squiggle

• ineke

• MrShrimp

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• HOF Member

That's why it's so important not to have different varieties in together unless you can catch out any saddled females and separate them from the males hence MTS you just need more and more tanks:dejection:

Hmmmm' date=' I have to agree with Andrew, that doesn't look right if they came from blue velvets :confused:[/quote']

Hey squiggle can u tell ke how u did ur dividers...please

Lol, I don't have any dividers, all my shrimp are in individual tanks. In saying that I can still give you advice on the three ways to divide tanks. :encouragement:

1. You can get a piece of glass that will fit inside the tank, then completely empty the tank & silicone the divider in place. There are two ways you can do tis too, you can set it up as two separate tanks or drill holes in the glass & either fill the holes with sponge or silicone SS mesh in place to cover the hole.

2. You can get a piece of acrylic & do the same with either holes or not, you can also secure it by either using silicone or get some silicone airline & cut a line down the length, then you put a length of it around each side of the acrylic & use it to secure the acrylic in place.

3. You can use a piece of sponge about 20-30mm thick & cut it slightly larger than the space inside the tank, then you can slide it into place & the interference fit should hold it in place. Then once everything is in place you have your filter running from one side to the other & then the water will flow back through the sponge divider to the filter.

Hope this helps, just ask if you have any more questions. :victorious:

My blue velvet cherries started out pink then turned blue after 3 weeks or so....

I should have made this clearer I apologize. Im trying to figure out how to hold the stainless steel wire ( i got a roll of it)onto the dividers till the silicon holds, im using perspex frames and ss wire small marine grade. Im not siliconing the dividers in ... im using suction cup holders to attach them to the glass as the tanks are running and shrimp breeding already setup before I decided to divide

You should be able to just use masking tape as the tape will just peel off once it dries, but if you lay the divider flat when you silicone it you shouldn't need anything. Unless the mesh curls, then just put a small stone or something with some weight to hold it flat. :victorious:

My blue velvet cherries started out pink then turned blue after 3 weeks or so....

Im holding small amount of hope. ... what do I with the contimated crossbreeds, are all the bubs even the blue ones to be put in my plain cherry tank or do I get the males out n keep the blue girls in there :-( I dunnnnooooo total noob

They're all culls as they all have crossed genes & even if they are blue there's no guarantee the babies will all be blue it any at all. :encouragement:

You should be able to just use masking tape as the tape will just peel off once it dries' date=' but if you lay the divider flat when you silicone it you shouldn't need anything. Unless the mesh curls, then just put a small stone or something with some weight to hold it flat. :victorious:[/quote']

The ss wire was rolled up it came via mail... I was worried that anything I use to hold the mesh on will stick to the silicone

Not once it dries, I use masking tape to hold the tanks I build together while they dry & it peels off very easily :victorious:

They're all culls as they all have crossed genes & even if they are blue there's no guarantee the babies will all be blue it any at all. :encouragement:

Mega sadface :thumbdown::( thats what I figured

I just had a thought about your SS mesh, if you put it in the palm of your hand & run your hand across the edge of a table it will flatten the mesh out, you might need to do this with a bit of trial & error as you can quite easily make the mesh curl the other way. :victorious:

Im holding small amount of hope. ... what do I with the contimated crossbreeds' date=' are all the bubs even the blue ones to be put in my plain cherry tank or do I get the males out n keep the blue girls in there :-( I dunnnnooooo total noob[/quote']

But they might not be crossbreeds! Mine all turned out blue and I can 100% guarantee there was no different coloured male. Every single drop had pink babies and they all turned out blue

But they might not be crossbreeds! Mine all turned out blue and I can 100% guarantee there was no different coloured male. Every single drop had pink babies and they all turned out blue

I shall hold hope :thumbup:

I just had a thought about your SS mesh' date=' if you put it in the palm of your hand & run your hand across the edge of a table it will flatten the mesh out, you might need to do this with a bit of trial & error as you can quite easily make the mesh curl the other way. :victorious:[/quote']

Hmmmmm I shall try :thumbup:

Awesome pics blackcat, very well done & the bubs look very cool. Love the colour on the choc! :victorious:

• HOF Member

Well done Blackcat you are well on your way now, awesome isn't it, the shrimp are so interesting and then they give you babies .:D

Do you know who did the deeds on your female blues this time??

Ummmmmm :-( next question.... iim frightened to use breeding nets to get them to do the funky monkey as I lost my yellow female using one and now im tooo scared to try at all... so.. no I dont playing bingo im afraid

And after I lost the female well my yellow breeding program had never taken off again :-( I have one big beautiful male who is a eunuch in my opinion and 6 girls that are soooooo saddled its scarey...

• HOF Member

Welcome to my world my yellows just don't want to breed and then when the oldest girl got berried she died a few days later. In the DYI thread there is a post on making a breeding box that should be safe if you could give it a go.

[ATTACH]4537[/ATTACH]

post-2005-139909854468_thumb.jpg

post-2005-139909854473_thumb.jpg

Wahhhhhh :( but look how beautifully bananaish they are ....I want baby banans wwwaaaahhhhh

post-3445-13990985254_thumb.jpg

post-3445-139909852545_thumb.jpg

post-3445-13990985255_thumb.jpg