Multi Colour cherry marimo nano tank!!! :D

Gbang

So after I got some left over off cuts of marimo balls from a very good friend, I got this silly crazy idea to create….a multi coloured cherry shrimp Marimo ball NANO display TANK!!!

I don’t know why but it was just a huge whim. The concept was to create a tank purely for all the female cherries(chocolate, Sunkist, rillis, and reds) that I would be unsure of in terms of quality and let them grow in a tank until I can decide for myself which specimens I would use for my breeding programmes. And yes this does mean I will be setting up a male tank later on too ;) Anyways so I just picked up the following

Nice lil tank. Forgot the dimensions so I will get it later

Totto undergravel filter that I had lying around. The aim was to use the water flow to hopefully roll the marimo balls around

Seachem matrix to put on top of the undergravel filter

Simple black gravel

Tank with gravel on the sides first

null.jpg

Close up

null-1.jpg

Putting seachem matrix filter material on top of the undergravel filters for better filtration

null-2.jpg

Topping the whole thing with black gravel

null-5.jpg

Rolling all the off cuts of marimo into balls and there you go!!!

null-6.jpgnull-8.jpg

video

th_3394E434-3AE0-44C5-A9B3-B090E3D17652-1524-00000109170585A3.jpg

And there you have it! Now we look for female cherries of all sorts! Stay tuned. :)

what a cool idea mate, let us all know if the marimo does become round in this and cant wait to see some shrimp pics :victorious: