Dived my fish tank or 2 separate ?

mrguppy

Hi guys just wondering I have a 106 cm x 55 x 50 tank my question is should I divide completely the tank in 2 or get 2 separate tanks ? Are know how to start I have a 40 cube tank and one that I just build 50 x 30x 30 just don't know what to do if you can help me it will be appreciate it

It all depends on what you want to do, if you want to do selective breeding the divide the tank, if you just want to have different shrimp breeding then get two tanks. Also for selective breeding you might want to divide it into three, this way you can have breeding, grow out & culls in the same WP & won't have to worry about acclimatizing them when changing sections :victorious:

i think am going to separate the big tank in to 2 but my problem is how do i connect the canister now? should i put some holes and some mesh?

do i need some substrates please guys need some info XD

with what shrimp to start will some one will give me a good deal ???

please pm thanks guys

Just cut 3mm acrylic to the right size and then slice air line down the length and clip in over the edge of the acrylic.. Then drill a couple of 60mm holes in the acrylic and cut some black sponge a couple of millimetres bigger than the hole and stuff it in there... The water will travel through the sponge and act as a filter as well... Put your intake at one end of the tank and outlet at the other.. Then I just run small sponge filters in each section that does not have the water movement to give it some... The reason I do this so I can them out move them around and you don't have to scrap off silicone...