First Generation of Durro specials!

h20rat

So here they are! My very first group of shrimpies! Can't wait to get them into the tank, I'm just dripping (a great tip from Durro) a drop in at a time by way of siphon and get them used to things over the next day or so. I'm hoping they like their new place! :)

post-12-139909862735_thumb.jpgpost-12-139909862737_thumb.jpgpost-12-139909853475_thumb.jpgpost-12-139909853478_thumb.jpg

post-3452-139909861718_thumb.jpg

post-3452-139909861723_thumb.jpg

post-3452-139909861727_thumb.jpg

post-3452-139909861732_thumb.jpg

• HOF Member

Very nice indeed and a few berried mamas already congratulations:encouragement:

Nice.....as long as your tank is fully cycled, and the WP are right for cherries, they'll soon become a huge colony. :-)

Thx yay! :)

I've noticed they have moved up in the jar now and are hanging around at the top more, just doing their thing so I'm taking that as a good sign with the introduction of my water.

Once you have the numbers up, you can choose to selective breed them. Try to aim for a solid red head and tail with a totally clear body. They look Awesum in a colony if you can achieve that.

Very cool dude, looks like you have an awesome selection there, they'll be filling your tank in no time :victorious:

I hope so! All doing good so far this morning from what I can see. Probably increase the flow this afternoon then tank them tomorrow :D

Good to hear!

Pics when they settle in.

Enjoy.

I hope so! All doing good so far this morning from what I can see. Probably increase the flow this afternoon then tank them tomorrow :D

How long are you taking to acclimatise them ??

I was giving about a 2x drops/minute overnight. This morning 4x drops ill let that go over night take out some water from jar and probably up it sat.morning for introduction sat night. I think??

Awesome generosity from durro again! Always giving a great mix of adult/juvies and females/males! Can't wait to see them in the tank :)

• HOF Member

Is there a reason you are taking so long to acclimatise the shrimp. Seems like a very long time to me. I thought 3-4 hours was ok?

Ineke...only fear lol this is my first colony after a years break when my whole batch eventually died out....so I'm being extremely fastidious about it :)

For cherries, rilli, it is, unless the water is very different. For more delicate I do 6-8 hrs. When I shift babies into a rack, I put the container holding them into the bottom tank and drip overnight, the container fills up and they swim out when ready. Shocking eh Bob and Kiwi?

With this jar, I think I'd be worried about temp fluctuation and lack of oxygen over that period of time.

• HOF Member

OMG I have been dripping them 3-4 hours even my baby TBM's know I'm going to be watching my tanks even more closely although they were shifted a few days ago and seem OK:dejection: Learn something new everyday.

• HOF Member
Ineke...only fear lol this is my first colony after a years break when my whole batch eventually died out....so I'm being extremely fastidious about it :)

Well good on you for your patience and good luck with your new babies.:encouragement:

There's moss and plenty of open space for gas exchange and the water going in should be saturated with oxygen as there's been nothing in it. I might do tonight then :))

They're in! I came home to one loss :( and I think there has been another almost straight after introducing to the tank :( a couple seem to be a bit skittish swimming around and 'jumping' whenever they bump into the side of tank or the food dish. Then they relax a bit and zoom around a bit again. The rest seem to have just gotten straight down to hanging out shrimp style :) I hope that's the extent of the losses!!

• HOF Member

Sorry for your loss lets hope the rest settle in well:encouragement:

Well no more fatalities yay! Mamas still preggos few more mammas saddling up...no moults though that I've seen. I'm hoping I see a couple soon.