Thirsty enough for a sunkist shrimp?

Heavyd

I thought it was time for an update on my Sunkist cherry breeding program. I have been trying to get some consistency with these shrimp for some time now and achieve a true Sunkist shrimp as per its namesake - The Sunkist Drink.

I started off with a mix of 3 different bloodlines which consisted of several different shades including what many call'the Pumpkin colour. I have been aggressively culling shrimp from this colony for quite some time, including recently removing all shrimp which showed the pumpkin colouration.

I think I am getting pretty close to the colour of the drink. What do you all reckon??????

These photo's are completely untouched, taken with my macro lens and uploaded without alteration. I will try and get some more photos of the rest of the colony if people are interested in seeing them. These are only a few of them.

IMG_6105_zps3930886c.jpg

sunkist_zps176c8a65.jpg

IMG_6116_zpscb338af2.jpg

IMG_6103_zps652c28c3.jpg

IMG_6115_zps1647f78d.jpg

IMG_6111_zps00e349ce.jpg

IMG_6117_zpsa6c07f06.jpg

That bottle of sunkist blent right into the images of the shrimp haha. Great quality

coming along nice mate, separating the lines is the best thing with them.

as the 2 colors are very different with the higher quality ones..

keep us updated, love to see people working hard for quality :)

Thanks for the great comments. Keep them coming :)

@Dean: You are very right and I was fighting it because they both looked so great. But I wasn't being true to my goal with the sunkists.

Quite an achievement heavyd.....They look fantastic :encouragement:

Fantasea looking good, Sunkist is by far a better name and keep the photos coming and the young so we can buy some.

Bob

Fantasea looking good' date=' Sunkist is by far a better name and keep the photos coming and the young so we can buy some.

Bob[/quote']

is-this-real-life-or-is-this-just-fanta-sea.jpg

Sorry couldn't resist :P

Shrimpies are looking great HeavyD :encouragement:

Stunning pics dude, the colour is so vibrant & strong, keep up the good work & keep the pics coming :victorious:

Congrats and well done on the selective breeding. Really nice to see quality shrimps :encouragement:

Nice as Heavy!

More pics would be great ..... and the pumpkins for comparison.

Gorgeous colours HeavyD, i would also love to see the pumpkin comparison :)

Beautiful sunkists mate. Great deep colours!

More pics would be great!!!

Well done mate, They are a tribute to your skill and patients

Wayne

Side note: What type of moss is that? :)

Thanks so much for the great compliments.

Ever since the "Orange" shrimp came onto the scene there wasn't a clear indication of what constituted a 'Sunkist' and what constituted a 'Pumpkin' shrimp. This kind of bugged me for quite a while as I didn't have a clear objective with my selective breeding.

Are people happy with this shade of orange to be called "Sunkist"? Obviously I still have work to improve the colouration and thickness of the colour, but in general would this be the shade people would be happy with?

For those who asked here are some pictures of the pumpkins that I removed from my colony:

DSC00480_zpsb062724f.jpg

DSC00484_zps67d2e185.jpg

In this photo below you can see the difference in colour between the pumpkin shrimp at the front and the sunkist shrimp at the back.

DSC00472_zpsf858b484.jpg

Well mate you now sit in the front seat with Dean and BB, nice, yell when you have some for sale

Bob

Very nice Heavyd. Just goes to show time and effort pays off. I'm glad I have your bloodlines as yours are the best around.

Amazing shrimp, stunning, and very sunkist! Thirsty now... must get cool refreshing beverage!

Thanks for the appreciation.

@Bob: I have a long way to go before I'm anywhere near BB or Dean. Appreciate the sentiments though :encouragement:

@Wraithie: The moss is called Mt. Glorious Fissidens.

• HOF Member

You breed some really nice shrimp HeavyD well done:encouragement: