Sign in to follow this  
Wraithie

The Story of my Edge

Wraithie

High quality iPad photo

CNgo2006

Very nice...I have a clutch of Orange Spot Plecos, the father has been fanning in his cave for 4 days now so shouldn't be long now. If you need any grindal worms wraithie I can hook you up!

Wraithie

Ooh orange spots, nice, got a pic of dad?

Thanks for the offer Chi, at what stage do you use grindleworms?(sounds like something out of Harry potter)

Squiggle and Durro have set me up with micro worms and drosophila if I need them which I'm very grateful for.

i think having a successful spawn is one of the things that I enjoy most about keeping fish :)

CNgo2006
Ooh orange spots' date=' nice, got a pic of dad?

Thanks for the offer Chi, at what stage do you use grindleworms?(sounds like something out of Harry potter)

Squiggle and Durro have set me up with micro worms and drosophila if I need them which I'm very grateful for.

i think having a successful spawn is one of the things that I enjoy most about keeping fish :)[/quote']

Grindals are fed when fry are bit bigger, to juvies and adults...let me know if you need them they will bulk up the fish in no time flat.

here is dad in his cave fanning a clutch (left corner)

IMAG0902.jpg

here is mum (orange spots not really showing as I just ran down into the dark room to take pic)

IMAG0899.jpg

Wraithie

If I can keep these guys alive once they start needing food I will hit you up :)

The male cats are soo cute with their eggs and fry, very protective:) those wrigglers will be up on the inside of the cave in no time!

Squiggle

Very cool guys, gotta love it when you are responsible for the creation of life :victorious:

Wraithie

This would be nest location 4 since hatching(apparently dad likes to keep on the move). A couple are starting to swim, I expect that tomorrow they will be a mobile handful for the poor guy. The next challenges will be making sure they're fed, and seeing if they can survive the neon tetras(it's a community tank after all).

post-3442-139909854774_thumb.jpg

post-3442-139909854776_thumb.jpg

Garnelchen

Awwww! They are just too cute!

I hope that lots of them will survive! :encouragement:

BlueBolts

So very cool.....great work :encouragement:

Squiggle

Awwwwe they are soooo cute, I can't wait to see them grow. :encouragement:

ineke

Awesome Wraithie I haven't seen them that young before:encouragement:

Wraithie

So everyone started swimming properly this morning and it was quite distressing to see dad chase a tetra away only for another one to race in and pick off fry. I managed to get 5 of the 7 neons out without destroying the tank scape. Back from errands and they look to be fairly happy, he's even allowed mum back to help :)

post-34-139909856093_thumb.png

post-3442-139909854779_thumb.jpg

Garnelchen

Cute! Cute! Cute! :congratulatory:

Squiggle

YAY!! :victorious:

Garnelchen

I dreamt about your little rams last night, Tess! :) :smiley_simmons:

MrShrimp
That's awesome news Wraithie' date=' what happy dance did you do? [/quote']

These days girls don't do happy dance anymore, it's old school. Now they twerk, I saw it on MTV.

Squiggle

Hahaha, too funny dude but when I read that post I get a visual of Clive Palmer Twerking, ew!! :cower:

MrShrimp
Hahaha' date=' too funny dude but when I read that post I get a visual of Clive Palmer Twerking, ew!! :cower:[/quote']

Only you would think that. What's wrong with you. Lol

Squiggle

Hahaha, sorry guys but watching that on tele has scarred me for life!! :dejection:

Garnelchen

Are the little rams still alive? Can we see new photos, please, Tess? :)