• blackcat

• Squiggle

• ineke

• MrShrimp

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Beautiful shrimpies, Deniz! :encouragement:

I love your CBS. They are really cute!

Wow, you're definitely getting a nice collection there, some very nice looking shrimp too, well done! :victorious:

I bought the cbs off a friend who has amazing shrimpies and. Thanks heaps for the encouraging comments I m very happy with my progress

I seem to have hit a glitch :-( I am finding 7mm babies dead I just dont get it ... I have dosed with a small dose of reef builder to help with moults in case thats the trouble :-( heart broken. ..

What are your water parameters? How often & how much do you water change? :encouragement:

Well all seems ok with water my tds is 267 (a bit high but its always like that in all my tanks ... I do top ups not water chgs thus far although with tor's ro unit I may begin doing some .... once I source shrimp mineral. Ph 6.5-6.6 ammonia, nitrate, nitrite all 0 ... kh and gh I seem to unable to test as my colour changes seem to be unable to be determined... I will try again in the morning now that I have added a small dose of the reef builder ....

All looks pretty good, you want your KH to be between 0-2 & your GH to be between 4-6. Your hardness could be causing the deaths if they are having trouble moulting, shrimplets moult a lot more often as they are growing so fast. :encouragement:

I dont have salty shrimp yet so just topping up with dechlorinated tap water till I connect my ro unit

Where is the cheapest place to get salty shrimp...

Ok this mornings water perams are ph 6.4-6.6, nitrite, nitrate, and ammonia all 0, kh-1, gh never actually turns orange to begin with but rather yellow :-? Tds is 262-267 .... I need help as I foind another tiny dead shrimplett im heartbroken :-(

Very cool stuff blackcat, looks like you're having some good success with your rilis, well done! :victorious:

Very cool stuff blackcat' date=' looks like you're having some good success with your rilis, well done! :victorious:[/quote']

:-D

Oh the paralysing fear of seeing these 2 and knowing the problems your having in your tanks will most likely result in their untimely demise ; (

ygyga3aq.jpgaja6y4yr.jpg

It must be truly devastating seeing those little beauties & fretting that they may pass at any moment. :dejection:

The berried mamma is definitely a very positive result in your unfortunate time :encouragement: