Black=^..^='s Shrimp Family

blackcat

Thanks for the encouraging comments :-) am watching closeky for the colour fevelopments BB will put them in the endler tank if they are :)

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• blackcat

• Squiggle

• ineke

• MrShrimp

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Awesome pics, got some great potential there, very nice! Thanks for sharing. :encouragement:

se6y6y5y.jpg

Progress on my sunkists colour development pretty chuffed

ANNNDDDD

I came home to some very hypo shrimps thursday night and I thought hmmmmmm

u3ydegat.jpg

And

3ysenu6u.jpgubahytyt.jpgu3ybevus.jpgave7y9y5.jpg

This one I am over the mooooonnnn with as she only has 2 potential hubbies and both are QUALITY

8u7ynunu.jpg

Daddy 1

y3ytanup.jpg

Daddy 2

I think there were 5 berried girls :-)

What a day lemme tell u that was the perfect end to a insanely busy week :D:D;):thumbup:

Wow, what a great finish to the week, definitely a case of patience is the key, well done! :encouragement:

Most of us know that feeling coming home to see a berried female. It's going to be a looong wait. Congrates blackcat

So excited ty for all the well wishess the wait cant be any worse tham waiting for the damned tanks to cycle and setting up and waiting for the right shrimps to populate it and and and lol whats one more eh!

jahyqy3a.jpgI have decided to allocate the wild throwbacks their own tanks they have little black stripes just like tiger would I think their an interesting addition to my collection. will try and line breed them as I seem to have 10 of them :)

• 3 weeks later...

Over thw next couple of days I will post a heap of pix and omg is there some sex I n goin on in my shrimpy world boooyahhhh

6ymymy5u.jpg7upe3y6a.jpg

Their tank....

We have

hu5ypa2u.jpgvane3uhy.jpgzuzuva2y.jpgyvare7e4.jpga5ubyna8.jpg6aryruju.jpg7eduqu8y.jpgsa8ytaby.jpge2upa8yj.jpg

10 berried crs :-)

Then we have the snows and babies

na5azy6u.jpg6e8ema8y.jpg

He was bred in my tank ;-)

a6udy8e5.jpga4yjejeg.jpgepyqypym.jpge4u9u4at.jpgagain bred in this tank

Next is the cbs tank

e3ama6ab.jpgy2yhusen.jpg

Oh he is gorgeous

u2ehu8u7.jpg

There is the mama to be

5eba5apa.jpgypytute2.jpg

Cohabitating with cbs arw my yellows thia is onw of my saddled girls just got another 10 today heres hoping ... that they will breed for me as I have had a shady record thus far re yellows

zy4ejeja.jpg

The new arrivals

5e8e4anu.jpg

Now onto the next tankuzu8u2y4.jpg

My chocs and blue velvets ...yesss still cohabitating ....muredygy.jpg

Now to the last tank the sunkists

ebamerem.jpg6azaba7e.jpgumaryram.jpg

Awesome, thanks for the pics. Some great photography there :-)

Can see lots of TLC, given to your shrimps and tanks :encouragement:

Awesome stuff blackcat, that's an amazing amount of berried girls, you'll be overrun by shrimplets in no time! Can't wait to see the pics of the babies. I hope you wrote down the date cause you don't want to play the guessing game again. Well done! :victorious:

Awesome images!! Those CRS are carrying LOTS of eggs! Congrats!!

Thanks all ...im very excited ... I did hqve to treat for hydra so that is being done tonight as I type the internal parasite clear is working its magic. It woukd appear as if my cbs gal dropped but hmmmmm cabt zee anh bubs yet ... will be shrimplet gazing fom tomorrow after the water clears :-) new yellows are settling in well :-)

You have some beautiful tanks and shrimp. Great photos as well.

Thanks to you I will hopefully have some beautiful yellow babies soln eh :-) I love the yellows thanks again

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Join Our Community!

Register today, ask questions and share your shrimp and fish tank experiences with us!

• Must Read SKF Articles

• beanbag
      Update to say that after a few gravel vacs, front wall scrub, moss / floating plant trim, that the condition seems to have improved.  My current theory is that it is due to waste / debris management, where "stuff" like that brown mulm accumulates in the substrate and behind the HMF filters.  Maybe some tanks can somehow deal with it, but mine can't.  Also another experienced shrimper suggested that maybe those "shell bugs" don't just live on the shrimps but also in this debris.  Maybe this is the reason some tanks fail due to "old tank syndrome" where all they need is a good gravel vac? Also, I am guessing that plant trim helps too because now more of the nutrients and light go into growing algae instead of more plants? Well anyway for this tank I will try weekly water change and monthly gravel vac / plant trim.  For my next tank, I'm thinking of something like an under-gravel system where this mulm can fall down and I vac it out.
    • sdlTBfanUK
      Good to have an update and good to hear you are getting shrimplets, so hopefully your colony will continue and you may not get to the point where you have to cull some to stop over population. These type of shrimp only live 12 - 18 months so the adult deaths may be natural? If you have the time I would do weekly 25% water changes, adding the new water via a drip system and do some vacuuming clean of the substrate each week, even if only a different bit each week! See if that helps in a few months and if it does then stick with that regime? It should help reduce any build-ups that may be occuring!
    • beanbag
      Hello again, much belated update: The tank still has "cycles" of 1-2 month "good streaks" where everybody seems to be doing well, and then a bad streak where the short antenna problem shows up again, and a shrimp dies once every few days.  I am not sure what causes things to go bad, but usually over the course of a few days I will start to see more shrimp quietly standing on the HMF filter, and so I know something is wrong.  Since I am not "doing anything" besides the regular 1-2 week water changes, I just assume that something bad is building up.  Here's a list of things that I've tried that are supposed to be "can't hurt" but didn't prevent the problem either: Dose every other day with Shrimp Fit (very small dose, and the shrimp seem to like it) Sotching Oxydator Seachem Purigen to keep the nitrates lower Keeping the pH below 5.5 with peat Things that I don't do often, so could possibly "reset" the tank back to a good streak, are gravel vac and plant trim, so maybe time to try those again. One other problem I used to have was that sometimes a shrimp would suddenly stop eating with a full or partially full digestive tract that doesn't clear out, and then the shrimp will die within a few days.  I suspected it was one of the foods in my rotation - Shrimp Nature Infection, which contains a bunch of herbal plant things.  I've had this in my food rotation for a few years now and generally didn't seem to cause problems, but I removed it from the rotation anyway.  I don't have a lot of adult Golden Bees at this point so I can't really tell if it worked or not. Overall the tank is not too bad - during the good streaks occasionally a shrimp will get berried and hatch babies with a 33-50% survival rate.  So while there are fewer adults now, there are also a bunch of babies roaming around.  I guess this tank will stagger on, but I really do need to take the time to start up a new tank.  (or figure out the problem)
    • jayc
      If that is the offspring, then the parents are unlikely to be PRL. I tend to agree with you. There are very few PRLs in Australia. And any that claim to be needs to show proof. PRL genes have to start as PRL. CRS that breed true after x generations doesn't turn it into a PRL. Neither can a Taiwan bee shrimp turn into a PRL despite how ever many generations. I've never seen a PRL with that sort of red colour. I have on Red Wines and Red Shadows - Taiwan bee shrimps. So somewhere down the line one of your shrimp might have been mixed with Taiwan bees and is no longer PRL. It just tanks one shrimp to mess up the genes of a whole colony. 
    • sdlTBfanUK
      Sorry, missed this one somehow! The PRL look fantastic and the odd ones look part PRL and part Red wine/Red shadow in the colour. They are still very beautiful but ideally should be seperated to help keep the PRL clean if you can do that.  Nice clear photos!