Update $ Guide

BlueBolts

I did not just jump on it, its always mentioned everywhere, twice on this thread already. I just dont like someone is being persecuted because he is making money. I think others are feeling treathened and wanted to dis-credit a possible competition. my 2 cents.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BlueBolts

• Ace027

• ninja

• Squiggle

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You're absolutely out of your senses ! I've spend heaps of $$$$, and focused so much time/effort with variants and selective programs, and sold heaps of $$ as well, all out in the open, but I believe I've equally contribute to the hobby, members and forum, so me persecuting a person for making $ ? WTF.

"Other feeling threatened and wanted to dis-credit possible competition".....what are you talking about ?

I did not just jump on it' date=' its always mentioned everywhere, twice on this thread already. I just dont like someone is being persecuted because he is making money. I think others are feeling treathened and wanted to dis-credit a possible competition. my 2 cents.[/quote']

Dude I have to agree with BB in saying that there are those out there who are only keeping shrimp from a business point of view instead of for the love of keeping shrimp, it is not only shrimp it is with all types of animals, aquaria, etc. I know of a few guys who breed asian fighting chickens not because they love being waken up at crack of dawn every morning but because they are worth big $$$ but in saying that if there is demand for them and they can profit from it why not! Nothing to feel bad about, treat it as another business.

I have to agree with BB, there are always people involved in anything just for the money, I believe nobody has mentioned or persecuted anyone in particular & I know no one here would persecute anyone for making money from selling their selectively bred high quality shrimp, if you do the hard work then you deserve the rewards. What is being talked about is people pumping out low quality shrimp for a quick sale, just my thoughts :victorious:

Whoa, take it easy BB im not talking about you... I said everywhere not just on SKF. and please no profanity :) this is a friendly site remember :)

Selling low quality shrimps at low prices to make money = good

selling low quality shrimps at high prices or wrong discription = scam, dishonest, wrong.

Whoa' date=' take it easy BB im not talking about you... I said everywhere not just on SKF. and please no profanity :) this is a friendly site remember :)[/quote']

Fair enough :), but I'm totally lost at your comments, and assertions., plus read the tone of your post !...I don't do Facebook, and other sites, so not privy to the shrimp world outside of SKF... What Chi & Squiggle said is absolutely correct, no issues with making $ whatsoever, but it needs to be fair, as this is foremost a hobby. The entire $ guide was motivated because a "hobbyist" sold one of his mates a F1 Tibee for $650 ! I find that absolutely obscene ! So thought of creating a guide that would help members know approx. how much a type/variant of shimp would cost.... The rest is dependable upon demand and supply, buyers and sellers....

Re-read the thread, and the post, as there's no ill intentions, just opinions, discussions and facts ! So saying something like "So please stop accusing or even think that some breeders are in it only for the money", does deserve a WTF!

Well I think the guy that sold the TiBee did not force his mate to buy it, his mate probably got greedy and grab the sale thinking he could do the same next time. I dont see anything wrong with it.

Well I think the guy that sold the TiBee did not force his mate to buy it' date=' his mate probably got greedy and grab the sale thinking he could do the same next time. I dont see anything wrong with it.[/quote']

Really ! PLUS to his mate ? That's were we differ, and will agree to disagree !

If someone has $650 to spend on shrimp, I think he is matured enough to take responsibility on his own action, obviously he is not a schoolboy that we need to babysit, just my opinion.

I did not just jump on it' date=' its always mentioned everywhere, twice on this thread already. I just dont like someone is being persecuted because he is making money. I think others are feeling treathened and wanted to dis-credit a possible competition. my 2 cents.[/quote']

If this was happening then we wouldn't be seeing some of those bigger sellers selling on breeding pairs and girls, it just wouldn't happen if they were behaving in a protectionist manner.

Really ! PLUS to his mate ? That's were we differ' date=' and will agree to disagree ![/quote']

+1 brother! With mates like that they can go ****** themselves. Sorry to 'swear' but that's just ridiculous. You don't screw your mates, ever! You help them, you support them, you look after them, you don't fleece them just because you can. I've passed on shrimp to help friends out, if I've had a shrimp that can help a mate with a particular goal then he's welcome to it, provided I can and it won't impact my own projects. But screwing a mate, no way in hell. Pretty obvious at that rate who your friends are!

Really ! PLUS to his mate ? That's were we differ' date=' and will agree to disagree ![/quote']

I wouldn't charge a mate for shrimp

in fact

we have just set up a tank for my mate

100% out of our pocket !!!

Aquaone ar850 not a cheap tank

Tank,shrimp sand, filter media,sponges,2 air pumps,plants,lights

SHRIMP

KK

BB

MISHLINGS !!

All for FREE !

Also chiller to come

post-3161-139909862601_thumb.jpg

post-277-139909851461_thumb.jpg

Most of us here know of your genorosity Gary and how you share the love...I for one am happy to call you a true mate.

That's so awesome 2OFUS. Thanks for sharing the generosity ! :applause:

Most of us here know of your genorosity Gary and how you share the love...I for one am happy to call you a true mate.

Thanks chi means alot

Feel pretty unappreciated sometimes on here :)

If someone has $650 to spend on shrimp' date=' I think he is matured enough to take responsibility on his own action, obviously he is not a schoolboy that we need to babysit, just my opinion.[/quote']

You're definitely entitled to your opinion but if anyone who is a true hobbiest & wants to be keep, breed & sell shrimp for a while then then they wouldn't act that way.

Also with that mentality are you implying that it's the inexperienced guy who bought the shrimps fault for getting ripped off?

I wouldn't charge a mate for shrimp

in fact

we have just set up a tank for my mate

100% out of our pocket !!!

Aquaone ar850 not a cheap tank

Tank' date='shrimp sand, filter media,sponges,2 air pumps,plants,lights

SHRIMP

KK

BB

MISHLINGS !!

All for FREE !

Also chiller to come

post-3161-139909862601_thumb.jpg

Thats awesome Gary, you are definitely an asset to the community :victorious:

Thats awesome Gary' date=' you are definitely an asset to the community :victorious:[/quote']

Thanks squig :)

but I highly doubt that

youll be surprised how quick someone can be ****ed off over something so little

+1 brother! With mates like that they can go ****** themselves. Sorry to 'swear' but that's just ridiculous. You don't screw your mates' date=' ever! You help them, you support them, you look after them, you don't fleece them just because you can. I've passed on shrimp to help friends out, if I've had a shrimp that can help a mate with a particular goal then he's welcome to it, provided I can and it won't impact my own projects. But screwing a mate, no way in hell. Pretty obvious at that rate who your friends are![/quote']

I guess they are not truelly mates... These things we cannot control, someones stupidity and greed, if theres money involved there are always conflict.

• HOF Member

BB is very modest but he does a lot of helping people out in the background helping out newcomers with shrimp and all his help on the forum and though not one of the lucky ones I fully appreciate the time and effort he puts in for the good of the hobby and improving the quality of shrimp here in Australia. A typical quiet achiever.