Sunkist Rili?

shrimpstan

Hi guys,

iy9g.jpgkpld.jpg

Cull or Rili? (or at least the beginnings of)

Are there Sunkist Rili's around already? It would definitely be worth the effort/time I think! :victorious:

And yes I'm keeping an eye out for any others ;)

Tell me what u think with this one.

Cheers

Looks beautiful mate, not Rilli though but a great looking Shrimp imho

• HOF Member

Definitely worth the effort very nice colour be great if you could get a Rilli that colour:encouragement:

Looks beautiful mate' date=' not Rilli though but a great looking Shrimp imho[/quote']Yeah your right.. not quite a rilli.. but perhaps a positive start?Cheers.. thats what i was thinking :encouragement:

Beautiful shrimp, I'm jealous :)

Very cool dude, definitely a great starting place for orange rilis, totally work looking into :victorious:

At what point could you call it rilli?

I'm my opinion, when the shrimp breeds true, then we can call it a rilli. I think that shrimp will breed faded sunkiss. I brought some shrimps last year sold as yellow rilli. Yellow head, yellow tail clear body. They all breed faded yellow cherries that I couldn't even sell as yellow cherries.

When it breeds true. Otherwise its just a cull orange shrimp

Definitely worth some selective breeding. There are orange/sunkist Rilis , but not really showing enough consistency and quality to truly sell at this stage. Need a better pic, but looks female ? Cool shrimp

Wow looks like a jelly bean!! loving it great looking shrimp!

As always I have something to show LOL!

Not sure if I should start another thread but since I have so many already I decided to post here instead :)

Got these last week when I got my blue shrimps, they have been in a breeding box since.

I have 2 pairs, the females look good but the males look crappy and not as clear middle and not as orange. Was gonna list them up for sale as I don't have the space to keep them.

Oh and I put a red female in there to show the colour difference but it wouldn't get close enough to focus lol!

2 females below

Not sure If they breed true but the 2 females I have look very similar, males don't look good though.

DSC02382.jpgDSC02379.jpg

Perhaps auction them ? Fun for all, plus it'll be a good indicator of its value, as it's a bit unknown. Go on....

.... you know you want to! (Well I want you to ... and BB)

If you have a look at Rilis on some of the other websites you'll notice the colour is really broken up. Until this really mixed bunch of genes that we have in our current Rilli's came around Rilli's were predominantly a Red Head, Clear Body or vice versa, they were two definitively split sections, not 3 or 4, or clear in one patch but not another. Nothing wrong with the pattern at all, but wasn't what Rillis were say 3 years ago.

In regards to this to me it looks like the colour has changed or faded to add a white, I would be curious to see how it looks after the next moult. You may find the white banding disappears completely in which case it may have been a lack of nutrients at the time and hence the pattern. Looks great though, I like the pattern myself

Perhaps auction them ? Fun for all' date=' plus it'll be a good indicator of its value, as it's a bit unknown. Go on....[/quote']Yeh I do plan on auctioning them :), But I want to see what at least 1 of the females drop first :P. Since it's unknown I guess it's worth what someone is willing to pay :DI've never posted shrimp though as I get worried sick about them dying during post.Is there a postage/packing guide/video somewhere on the forum?thanks