Woot Berried Snowball + Berried Velvet = Me Confused!!!

neosin

Someone tell me what the heck is going on?

I found both these shrimp berried today

1 has white eggs and the other yellow, since I was more interested in the white one I didn't bother with the Yellow as much

Are they 2 different shrimp?

I had my doubts before but now that the white saddled female has eggs wouldn't this suggest she is a snowball for sure and she crossed with my blue velvet males?

Dean can I please get your opinion? Is there any other way to see if she is a snowball? What are the chances a blue velvet female looking 100% like a snowball ?

i figured lighting would make a difference but to make sure I only turned on my 26w led which has 6500k + 11000k

this is the thread and pics of her before she was berried http://www.shrimpkeepersforum.com/forum/showthread.php/4131-My-SnowBall-and-or-Blue-Velvets-Enjoy-D

camera = Sony NEX 5R + fujian 35mm lens (this lens is sharp in the middle and has a strong bokeh effect on the sides). Pics are straight raw from camera

DSC02332.jpgDSC02336.jpgDSC02337.jpgDSC02339.jpgDSC02341.jpgDSC02353.jpgDSC02344.jpgDSC02350.jpg

oh and this is my yellow egged blue velvet in the same tank :D

DSC02196.jpg

and this is one of the 5 males in the tank, they all look like him lol!

DSC02326.jpg

Wow cool!

Please correct me if I'm wrong someone, but aren't the blue version of the snowball shrimp called blue jelly?

Wow cool!

Please correct me if I'm wrong someone' date=' but aren't the blue version of the snowball shrimp called blue jelly?[/quote']

Blue jellys come from kk from what I understand

Blue jellys come from kk from what I understand

Blue Pearl is what I actually meant, got a bit mixed up!

But yeah as for the Blue Jellys there's a bit of confusion as to what they are, I think it might be an American/ European thing. Some people refer to blue velvets as blue jellys, whereas the other version is like a green hulk, but blue.

Nice work neosin' date=' that definatly deserve a quick happy dance :)[/quote']

Agreed

looks very promising

i recommend the running man

what about you mr buce aka Mrshrimp what do u recommend

Does look promising...congrats. Pls do keep us posted. There seems to be lots of conflicting reports of compatability.

The blue jelly shrimp

null-6-14.jpg

Yes but in the UK what we call blue velvets are called Blue Jelly and the shrimp in your pic, BB, is called a blue panda or blue KK... pretty confusing!

But my original question was meant to be, isn't a blue snowball shrimp called a blue pearl?

But anyway, not the point of the thread, sorry Neosin! Looking forward to seeing what you get from this :encouragement:

• HOF Member

Congratulations and hope it all gets cleared up for you soon.

Awesome news and great pics!!

Where's Tom Waterhouse? I thought he would have popped up by now offering great odds on the outcome! ;)

Thanks guys :D

Just wondering, If she did cross with a blue velvet male then wouldn't I get crappy "original forms"?

I can't wait to see what pops out :D

Hi mate,

eggs are different color at different stages of there life cycle.

the white eggs on white shrimp are most likely snowball and the male was most likely snowball?

maybe the male is not blue velvet? if they did cross then it will be interesting to see what the babies come out as and how they breed into the future.

Someone tell me what the heck is going on?

I found both these shrimp berried today

1 has white eggs and the other yellow, since I was more interested in the white one I didn't bother with the Yellow as much

Are they 2 different shrimp?

I had my doubts before but now that the white saddled female has eggs wouldn't this suggest she is a snowball for sure and she crossed with my blue velvet males?

Dean can I please get your opinion? Is there any other way to see if she is a snowball? What are the chances a blue velvet female looking 100% like a snowball ?