HI ALL NEW MEMBER LOL

liljohn_83

• HOF Member

Hi John welcome to SKF if you are a premium member just put your request in the classified section and I'm sure someone can help you as we are not allowed to do any buying selling or trading outside of the classifieds. If you are not a premium member then unfortunately no buying or selling allowed. Lots to see and learn here hope you enjoy our forum.

any idear why all I can see is the new member section and , was told nothing about premium member ??? I mean if I have to say hello to a heap of ppl like me befor I can see any thing I feal like im just spaming ?

ok I red the post it at the top it kinda may takr a hundred times bfor it all sinks in so be gentle on me .. I have maby 15 tanks only 12 running atm I like to breed neocadinia colr morphs and then try to line breed that color , so I like buying single colors and putting them throu my variant atm I have ,chock/blacks yellows, some 2-3rd gen blues ,rillis, fireredredlegs' cbs,crs, and a few lines im playing with ,, about 12 moths ago I lost a tankfull every color you could think off I was devoed am just finding my inspiration again

• HOF Member

The forum will open up for you as you post so the more you post the more you see. It doesn't take long perhaps you can tell us a bit about yourself and what shrimp you have also some pictures it all helps and we love to see other people's setups:encouragement:

reply to myself

im also a mower mechanic and a father and a lunatic ,, yes I have papers for that ,, I also mod on another forum ,, ,, I forgot im trying to line breed a lemon yellow cherry atm , , and working on a green but a mate is way ahead of me atm lol ,, and I like line breed colors that breed true color like 95% + or it just boaring to me

Hey mate, love the colours of shrimp you are producing, maybe try a couple of pics, it doesn't take terribly many posts for the main sections to open up.

Welcome to the forum dude, you'll find this place is nothing like the other forum, lots of friendly, helpful, knowledgable people here. We love pics here so whack some up when you get the chance, would love to see some of your colour variants. Hope you have as much fun here as we do :victorious:

image_zpsc19b0ee0.jpg

• HOF Member

Sounds like you will have some great experience to share with us and it helps to be a little crazy here we like to have fun. Some of the colours you have sound interesting , some of our members are trying the greens but find they often revert to yellow depend on WP's are you finding that?

Love the CRS especially in that last shot, just beautiful. Welcome to SKF :-)

Welcome to SKF... very nice shrimps. Got a few tanks devoted to shrimps ?

yeh ive got 7 tanks just for shrimp and it will be 10 soon one tank for each color ,,

Welcome John nice shrimps!

you seems like some character :D youll fit in just fine here LOL

welcome again :D

Welcome top the forum mate!

Nice shrimpies! :encouragement:

• HOF Member
wear and how do i find the fs section ' date=', ill keep looking[/quote']

If you are a premium member you will find the classifieds at the bottom left of this page

if you aren't a premium member it costs $12.50 and worth every penny! If you aren't a member you can't buy or sell or even see the classifieds sorry

If you are a premium member you will find the classifieds at the bottom left of this page

if you aren't a premium member it costs $12.50 and worth every penny! If you aren't a member you can't buy or sell or even see the classifieds sorry

id pay if i could find the link lol !

• HOF Member

If you go to settings up the top right of page click on that then near the bottom left there is a heading paid subscriptions click on that and it will tell you what to do

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Join Our Community!

Register today, ask questions and share your shrimp and fish tank experiences with us!

• Must Read SKF Articles

• sdlTBfanUK
      Good to have an update and good to hear you are getting shrimplets, so hopefully your colony will continue and you may not get to the point where you have to cull some to stop over population. These type of shrimp only live 12 - 18 months so the adult deaths may be natural? If you have the time I would do weekly 25% water changes, adding the new water via a drip system and do some vacuuming clean of the substrate each week, even if only a different bit each week! See if that helps in a few months and if it does then stick with that regime? It should help reduce any build-ups that may be occuring!
    • beanbag
      Hello again, much belated update: The tank still has "cycles" of 1-2 month "good streaks" where everybody seems to be doing well, and then a bad streak where the short antenna problem shows up again, and a shrimp dies once every few days.  I am not sure what causes things to go bad, but usually over the course of a few days I will start to see more shrimp quietly standing on the HMF filter, and so I know something is wrong.  Since I am not "doing anything" besides the regular 1-2 week water changes, I just assume that something bad is building up.  Here's a list of things that I've tried that are supposed to be "can't hurt" but didn't prevent the problem either: Dose every other day with Shrimp Fit (very small dose, and the shrimp seem to like it) Sotching Oxydator Seachem Purigen to keep the nitrates lower Keeping the pH below 5.5 with peat Things that I don't do often, so could possibly "reset" the tank back to a good streak, are gravel vac and plant trim, so maybe time to try those again. One other problem I used to have was that sometimes a shrimp would suddenly stop eating with a full or partially full digestive tract that doesn't clear out, and then the shrimp will die within a few days.  I suspected it was one of the foods in my rotation - Shrimp Nature Infection, which contains a bunch of herbal plant things.  I've had this in my food rotation for a few years now and generally didn't seem to cause problems, but I removed it from the rotation anyway.  I don't have a lot of adult Golden Bees at this point so I can't really tell if it worked or not. Overall the tank is not too bad - during the good streaks occasionally a shrimp will get berried and hatch babies with a 33-50% survival rate.  So while there are fewer adults now, there are also a bunch of babies roaming around.  I guess this tank will stagger on, but I really do need to take the time to start up a new tank.  (or figure out the problem)
    • jayc
      If that is the offspring, then the parents are unlikely to be PRL. I tend to agree with you. There are very few PRLs in Australia. And any that claim to be needs to show proof. PRL genes have to start as PRL. CRS that breed true after x generations doesn't turn it into a PRL. Neither can a Taiwan bee shrimp turn into a PRL despite how ever many generations. I've never seen a PRL with that sort of red colour. I have on Red Wines and Red Shadows - Taiwan bee shrimps. So somewhere down the line one of your shrimp might have been mixed with Taiwan bees and is no longer PRL. It just tanks one shrimp to mess up the genes of a whole colony. 
    • sdlTBfanUK
      Sorry, missed this one somehow! The PRL look fantastic and the odd ones look part PRL and part Red wine/Red shadow in the colour. They are still very beautiful but ideally should be seperated to help keep the PRL clean if you can do that.  Nice clear photos!
    • GtWalker97
      Hi SKF!   So I bought some PRL (or at least they were sold as such. These claims are dubious in Australia as people don't know much about the genetics, nor do they care as long as they can make a quick buck). After 8 generations of breeding true, I'm having around 1 in 200 throw a much darker red. They almost look like Red Shadows, but I don't know too much about those types of hybrid. Can anyone help with ID'ing the gene?   TIA (First 2 pics are the weird throws, second photo is their siblings and the last photo is the parents)