Library

wayne6442

To those members who have worked hard to get our library started Thank you,!:tears_of_joy:

No worries. There is still a long way to go and we need more ideas on what content to get into there. Thank you also to those that have been sending in photos.

I also had Dean create a Feeding section in the Library where we can list food and preparation techniques.

Thanks Wayne :)

Yes we are working hard on it. If there is anything you would like to see on there, It shall be there :applause:

And a +1 to Nogi. Thankyou to all for sending in photos but we still require more :)

I'd like to see a list of low tech Shrimp friendly plants.

Maybe a brief write up on the plants requirements etc.

Think that would be helpful for members who are not exactly aquascapers but still want a few nice plants in their shrimp tanks.

hay Triggs, good idea mate. if you have some ideas just write them down and send them to one of the mods to implement :)

and great work everyone involved in the library. looking good :)

Could we have a section on shrimp habitats? I will collect photos of where I go for you guys to put up and a brief or not so brief write up on each one and the species found there, I am sure if you asked nicely you could get

permission to post photos on exotic shrimp from other blogs and forums overseas as well.

Could we have a section on shrimp habitats? I will collect photos of where I go for you guys to put up and a brief or not so brief write up on each one and the species found there' date=' I am sure if you asked nicely you could get

permission to post photos on exotic shrimp from other blogs and forums overseas as well.[/quote']

I can help out with same thing in Melbourne/Victoria also?

Could we have a section on shrimp habitats? I will collect photos of where I go for you guys to put up and a brief or not so brief write up on each one and the species found there' date=' I am sure if you asked nicely you could get

permission to post photos on exotic shrimp from other blogs and forums overseas as well.[/quote']

I think we should get the stuff we already have in the library done, then move onto other things :)

I think we should get the stuff we already have in the library done' date=' then move onto other things :)[/quote']

If people are providing the content we could probably work something out.

I can help out with same thing in Melbourne/Victoria also?

That's what I had in mind, people taking notes and photos from all around Australia.

The newest page in the shrimp ID is wrong, the correct name is Caridina zebra, not Caridina sp. zebra.

The newest page in the shrimp ID is wrong' date=' the correct name is Caridina zebra, not Caridina sp. zebra.[/quote']

Ok, will correct now.

There are a few shrimp missing that I have posted photos of:

Darwin Algae Shrimp

Darwin Red Nose Shrimp

Chameleon Shrimp

Not sure if there are specific subtypes of the above, but they were all sourced from Aquagreen.

Darwin Algae Shrimp

Darwin Red Nose Shrimp

Chameleon Shrimp

Not sure if there are specific subtypes of the above' date=' but they were all sourced from Aquagreen.[/quote']

I havent got around to doing those 3 yet. Maybe Nogi can do them :).

Just throwing this out there for those wanting to help. You can create a thread in the same format as the ones in the Library and flag it to one of us. We can move it into the Library, clean up if required and lock so it's read only. Your user ID remains as the thread creator.

So if I were to do one on the habitat of my local shrimp that would be ok? I can see my other thread being lost in years to come.

So if I were to do one on the habitat of my local shrimp that would be ok? I can see my other thread being lost in years to come.
I have linked up your cardina sp. brisbane 1 thread to the ID thread in the library so it wont get lost :)
Just throwing this out there for those wanting to help. You can create a thread in the same format as the ones in the Library and flag it to one of us. We can move it into the Library, clean up if required and lock so it's read only. Your user ID remains as the thread creator.
Good idea :encouragement:

I have linked up your cardina sp. brisbane 1 thread to the ID thread in the library so it wont get lost :)

Good idea :encouragement:

Ok, I didn't see that. Where did that good idea come from BTW?

All good stuff happens while I'm away :)

We, the modsters, will support and credit anyone contributing to the library. All contributors are stars! :applause:

While I think habitat photos are a great idea (so people can make natural tanks for these shrimps) I do think keeping them general, with minimal mention of locations is a good idea, would hate to see these places raped of these species in the wild by over the top collecting.

While I think habitat photos are a great idea (so people can make natural tanks for these shrimps) I do think keeping them general' date=' with minimal mention of locations is a good idea, would hate to see these places raped of these species in the wild by over the top collecting.[/quote']

Yes, posting locations would be the worst thing besides development for some of our native shrimp.

Darwin Algae Shrimp

Darwin Red Nose Shrimp

Chameleon Shrimp

Not sure if there are specific subtypes of the above' date=' but they were all sourced from Aquagreen.[/quote']

Big thanks for Watfish for creating the 3 new threads for the Library. Keep them coming guys. :encouragement: