New Project - Divided 3ft Tank

newbreed

Awesome news! Im laughing at the comments on partners backpedalling haha.

I have converted a lady at work to shrimp yesterday hehe, she came to work today all excited about the tank she is going to set up on the weekend so ill have to sort her out for some Red Cherries after its cycled *win*

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• newbreed

• ineke

• Squiggle

• ninja

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well done I will be watching with bated breath for the pix and also for the rack thread... congrats :-D

Keep holding your breath Blackcat!! The CBS girl has gone into hiding but will keep searching for her tomorrow!!

Rack thread will start soon!! Ordered some tanks yesterday!!

Also, must be something in the water, found my first berried CRS today, lots of eggs!! Yay!!

Now just waiting on Yellows and BBs!! One of the new ones from Shrimp n Scape Auction has some awesome markings, think Squiggle saw its potential!!

Not the best pics as he is a fast mover!! But I think I am in love!!

post-1355-139909855889_thumb.jpg

post-1355-139909855893_thumb.jpg

Marcus your breeding talents show through in this one!!

He will darken up much more. Lighting not great!!

post-3161-13990985465_thumb.jpg

post-3161-139909854654_thumb.jpg

You are getting up there with the big boys Newbreed no stopping you now:D

Big boys and Girls!! Trying to catch up to you!!

The bb will darken up....can tell by the leg coverage....just get the GH to 5, Ca:Mg ratio right, and the BB will be BBBBBB..LOL

• HOF Member
Big boys and Girls!! Trying to catch up to you!!

You have passed me Jamie I don't have anywhere near your variety. Plus yours breed for you. Mine just eat!

Don't sell yourself short Ineke, you are up there. :encouragement:

Very cool pics Jamie, can't wait to see them all coloured up. As BB says, get your WP right & they will look stunning. Check out my thread on why my BB hasn't got any colour :victorious:

I want a BB wwwwahhhhhh lol thats what the bedroom tank is for ..... ahhhhhhh till then ill drooollllll over urs ;-)

Finally got my chiller set up yesterday!! Thank god I can rest assured the TB tank is safe, or as safe as it can be!!

Received an awesome shrimp today and, as it was 29 degrees here today, was concerned leaving the hang on breeder box exposed to extra heat. I always drip acclimatise into the breeder box over a number of hours.

So I thought of doing something different!

post-1355-13990985597_thumb.jpg

So I put the breeder box inside the tank water. That way the chiller would keep the water at an appropriate level whilst I went back to work for a few hours.

Thought this may work for others!!

post-3161-139909854694_thumb.jpg

The bb will darken up....can tell by the leg coverage....just get the GH to 5' date=' Ca:Mg ratio right, and the BB will be BBBBBB..LOL[/quote']

Gh is 6. Will work on the ratio in the coming weeks and let you know of any progress!!

Thanks for the Ca:Mg ratio thread. Will use it wisely!!

Got a happy snap today of a few shrimp just hanging out!! Thought I would share!!

post-1355-139909855972_thumb.jpg

post-3161-139909854696_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hi newbreed, I new to shrimps and have some 3 fts that need dividing and came across you post and am interested to see how your Filter Mat Dividers are performing.

They work fairly well. Have had some clever shrimps get across them and they are a bit of a pain to clean, now there are shrimplets. I use a spare one.

All in all they do the job. Cheers.