joy in the shrimp room today

ineke

• HOF Member

Happy dancing going on in the house- finally a berried CRS- only trouble is I hadn't had any success with either the CBS or CRS and needing to close down my cube I put the CBS in the CRS tank. I don't care I just want Crystal babies.

Next there are 2 berried mishlings 1 I was given berried but couldn't see her for a couple of weeks so thought she dropped the eggs then there was another berried one but wasn't 100% sure if it was the original but anyway the other day they were sitting side by side so I know I have a male mishling- Thanks Ninja!

Then I had to catch out my chocolates from the cube and thought I only had a few because I can never see them. From my original 8 I lost 1 but this morning I counted 25 adult/juvi plus a heap of very young ones and some one had babies last night. Not so good when you want to catch them, she had at least 20 tiny little ones that I counted then gave up. It took me several hours to carefully catch them all- hope I got them all.

So today my mishling is due to have her babies and my tibee is due in a few days- I don't need more tanks I still have one new one to set up and the big one still cycling -I'm a tad excited hope they all have their babies safely:congratulatory:

As to photos the mishling due today was on the forum last week, The tibee has been as well so when hubby gets in I will see if I can get a picture of the CRS- her eggs are very pale.:)

Congratulations Ineke, its always fun and joy to see berried shrimps, well done :encouragement:

• HOF Member

Thanks Ace It's been a long time coming with the CRS they haven't bred since I've had them so quite excited.

Awesome work Ineke, it's all go for you now, congratulations & well done! :victorious:

Congrats Ineke, I love CRS but learnt the hard way they just cant handle my summer heat without a chiller. Best of luck.

thats gonna be a lot of young ones Ineke congrats!

I don't need more tanks....

You honetly don't believe that do you ? LOL.

Congrats, lot of pics please.

Well done Girl. There is no holding you back now, Super Shrimp Starererere.

Bob

• HOF Member

Thanks everyone I guess they bred because I left them alone but DON'T Tell BOB:D

Sorry I was eaves dropping, it amazing what stability and peace will do LOL

Bob

• HOF Member

I knew you were there. So much else was happening I just did water changes and fed them basically looked at them and thats about it. Although the tank did have a major replant a while back.

Its 5.06 so I am going to stare at my shrimp tank out on the back veranda before it gets dark CU

Bob

Hey congrats! Now our CRSs are pregnant together! :congratulatory:

• HOF Member
Hey congrats! Now our CRSs are pregnant together! :congratulatory:

Woohoo so they are!

Thanks Torface yes it is about time!!!!!

But still no yellow babies?

If it makes you feel any better, my yellows haven't bred since being in the new rack...

• HOF Member

I tried my yellows originally in cherry WP's now for quite some months they have been in the Crystal tank and although the girls have nice saddles they still haven't bred. Don't know whether to try them back in cherry WP 's or just leave them be.

Crystals are a funny thing I have both CRS and CBS and they are in the same divided tank now with the same water filter plants substrate lighting.. Well CBS breed like crazy and CRS do nothing....

• HOF Member

It's funny how it works. I had a mishling get berried in the CRS tank a couple of months ago but she was the only one. Now the mishlings are in their own tank and another one berried yet the CBS and CRS in exactly the same water never did until this one so here's hoping it means they will start. They all had some bloodworms tonight maybe that will hope:encouragement: