lin

what shrimps do u people keep

lin

i have a 2 foot tank a 1 foot tank and a 4 foot tank

1 foot tank have bristlenose

2 foot tank frie and sakura and cherries

4 foot tank nothing in it so far but plan on keeping CBS CRS yellow and rilis

Sprae

You'll find some breeders have all types of shrimps and would have to put up an audited list!

I only have mostly CRS, some CBS, Cherries, DAE, DRN and chameleon shrimps.

wayne6442

Hi Shrimp, My speciality is cherry shrimp I have yellow, Orange "Sunkist" and, Various grades of red,Experimental mixed colours. Some Darwin Red Nose, DAS and some CRS/CBS At the moment Seven tanks in all.

Dean

hi mate welcome to SKF

fishmosy

Welcome to SKF mate. Only cherries for me at the moment.

bailey88

Welcome mate I've got cherries yellow red blue red rillis glass shrimp CBS crs golden bee shrimp 6 tanks running so far mmore coming :)

Triggs

Fire Red Cherries, And Paratya Australiensis (Ghost Shrimp)

Getting some CBS when I finish moving & get my new tank all sorted. And thinking of buzzing some members here for either some Orange or Yellow RCS, Yet to make up my mind which colour I want though.

lin

are crystal shrimp hard to keep i heard some people say its heaps hard to keep alive

Loach
are crystal shrimp hard to keep i heard some people say its heaps hard to keep alive

Not really, especially if you have/use

Shrimp soil

Saltyshrimp GH minerals

Mosses and ferns

Plenty of filtration!

But... Expect the odd death from time to time. Also, alot of people on here have shared the CRS water params for successful keeping and breeding :victorious:

Sprae

Loach is right. I still have the odd death here and there while shrimps are getting berried consistently with more shrimplets surviving.

There are certain requirements for CRS and the likes to thrive. I'll add to his list that has worked for;

- Oxydator

- Top up only (with minimal WC)

- Lots of patience

But most importantly, don't fiddle with your tank!

durro68

also a chiller for summer ...... or some other way to keep the temp down.

Sprae
also a chiller for summer ...... or some other way to keep the temp down.

I plan to buy one soon :)

Foxpuppet

CRS

CBS

Neocaridina heteropoda sp. Yellow

Neocaridina heteropoda sp. Red

Neocaridina heteropoda sp. Rilli

Chameleons

Darwin Algae eaters

pappyy3

Red Cherries

Yellow Cherries

Orange "Sunkist" Cherries

Definitely need a Chiller for summer. I lost over 300 + good grade CRS a couple of years ago during a heatwave in Melb!! (damn Heatwave :( )

lin

never seen a chiller in a shrimp tank only heard in a salt before what does a chiller do

Matt_95
never seen a chiller in a shrimp tank only heard in a salt before what does a chiller do

Keeps the temperature down, Crystal shrimp are heat sensitive.

staphjermz

Hi there, I'm new to this forum. I have three tanks. One is a quarantine tank, one i have 2 cherry shrimp and two CRS and my main tank have bristlenoses, discus, guppies, neons and a fighter

Loach
Hi there' date=' I'm new to this forum. I have three tanks. One is a quarantine tank, one i have 2 cherry shrimp and two CRS and my main tank have bristlenoses, discus, guppies, neons and a fighter[/quote']

Welcome to the forum!

Foxpuppet
Hi there' date=' I'm new to this forum. I have three tanks. One is a quarantine tank, one i have 2 cherry shrimp and two CRS and my main tank have bristlenoses, discus, guppies, neons and a fighter[/quote']

welcome to SKF, sounds like you have MTS in it's early stages ;) you should make your own member introduction and show us what you have!