Shrimp Friends!!

kunzy

I have a community tank ( only has shrimp in it right now )

just a few types of cherry's... thoughts on some friendly friends for them :D

I don't think there are any fish that wouldn't snack on shrimp but if you really want fish in with them then you need lots of hiding spots for the shrimp. I've even had Endlers in with shrimp & they munched on the shrimplets too :victorious:

Possibly a fighter fish

A fighter will smash your shrimp

why not Borneo suckers or ottos ??

Possibly a fighter fish

Fighter fish will eat shrimplets and kill adults for fun. They are excellent hunters with good eyesight.

I have a fighter in a breeder box that I feed culls.

I have 2 fighters who both had shrimp accidentally get in with them and they never ate the shrimp. The other day I found a juvie blue in there and he must've been in there for 2-3 weeks. He was grazing out in the open, completely untouched! So I think it depends on the fighter

Possibly a fighter fish

Then you'll have a tank with a fighter fish but no shrimp. They love them, love them to death that is!

If you really want fish then I'd recommend something of the micro rasbora family, but you want very small fish and ideally big shrimp so they

don't see them as food. Because once they realise they can eat them, they will. Survival of the biggest in this case.

I've kept Galaxy Rasboras with shrimp prevoiusly, but did lose some shrimplets but was able to build a small community over time.

maybe I had a dud betta but I chucked in 10 culls and about a month later caught 9...