Sign in to follow this  
BlueBolts

Choc Cherries = Choc, Orange, Clear, Black, BLUE Cherries

BlueBolts

The Choc Cherries are conitnually producing various colours of shrimplets...several of the blue shrimplets eventually turned brown, but notice 3-4, 12mm shrimps staying a vibrant blue.

post-32-139909857269_thumb.jpg

Will select breed them...aarggg, more tanks !!!

post-24-139909856813_thumb.jpg

Brado

awesome bluebolts! your gonna need a bigger shrimp room;)

Loach

Shrimproom? Now we need more pics :)

lachie1998

wow stunning!

going to have to get some chocs when i setup some more tanks

Sprae

That's great. I remember Dean had his chocs breed out multi-colours!

Dean

nice work BB, love the chocolate shrimp babies :) its almost a complete breeding program by them selves

NoGi

That's great and don't forget we are always looking for some high Res pics of hard to find colours for the library. :p

BlueBolts

The availability of the chocs are great, as it's given anyone the ability to produce variations, and a great start to a breeding program....a major part of the fun of our hobbies eh ! Improving quality and securing a variant ! Had 2-3 orange cherries too...will take some pics of them tomorrow.....

wayne6442

Better save my pennies and buy some chocolates! I would kill to have all that variety in cherries, Someone might be kind and sell me some culls????

BlueBolts

PM Dean....I originally bought 2 pairs off him...there are other members here that also have the chocs, otherwise there's me all the way over in WA......

I've always love the CRS/CBS, TB's etc...and until I got the chocs, and it produced these varieties.....I just want all sorts of colour, patterns etc now (the mad collector in me is bursting out).....some of the shrimplets are transparent, and even with tiger type stripes through them ......

We should start a variety thread of cherries...and maybe swap particular varieties with other members so that each member can start a selective breeding program ? i.e. if I have 3-4 blue cherries, and 1 purple cherry (No I don't, but just as an example), and another member here has 1 blue cherry, and 2 purple cherries, then we'll swap and say I get all the blues, and he gets all the purple ? May get complicated, but in the true spirit of this forum, perhaps possible ?

NoGi

Yeah, when they are a little cheaper I'll get some for my yellow cherry tank. Got no dosh for any right now.

Loach

Hmmm, Can anyone sell me some Choc Culls? Like the ones you dont wish to selective breed? Would love to start a selective breeding program.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Must Read SKF Articles

• Join Our Community!

Register today, ask questions and share your shrimp and fish tank experiences with us!

• jayc
      Let the RO water sit for 24hours before testing pH. That will give you the true pH level.
    • Goco
      Allright thanks, ill do 25% Waterchange weekly, i have many poweder food here, that should be working 😃 Thanks. Im already dripping my water, one litre per hour.
    • sdlTBfanUK
      Shrimps aren't very high bioload so you should probably reduce the weekly water change to no more than 25% and the new water will need to be dripped into the tank over many hours. I haven't used salty shrimp but I have heard it usually comes out about 6.8 so I don't think that is a problem. It is more likely to be you are changing too much water which has that PH difference of 1 may be too much for the babies to cope with. Lava rock won't alter the PH/KH so thats fine. Just do 20-25% weekly water changes, adding the ew water with a driper and I think you will be fine. I would probably get some baby shrimp food as well and that will be a powder,, so use a pin, dip the tip 2-3mm in to the tank quickly to wet, then in the powder and then swirl that in the tank so it spreads around. It is a fairly small tank so there may not be quite enough natural biofilm (caution not to over feed though). Simon  
    • Goco
      Sorry, yes you are right.  I have tropica powder Soil with Taiwan Bees. They are all healthy, no one is dying, buy my shrimp babys die off after maybe 2-3 weeks 😕 The only rock i have inside my tank is lava rock. im asking, why the PH is rising, because im putting RO water with only GH salt inside the RO water. Still the PH is rising to 6,8 PH after maybe 24-48 hours. Im little bit concerned, because my RO Water has maybe 5,8 PH? and the difference is too high to raise that fast. Maaybe thats killing my baby shirmps? The high difference. But i dont want to put any KH anymore in my Waterchange water. Thank you so much for your help 😃
    • sdlTBfanUK
      I assume you are using a (PH buffering) soil substrate and keeping caridina shrimp? A PH 6.8 and KH 1 is fine for usual caridina shrimp! Are the shrimp dying? Usuallly rock can cause PH/KH to increase but I assume you don't have any of that as you don't list that as in the tank? If you are using soil, it may have absorbed some of the KH and is slowly releasing it but that should reduce over time and if you only have KH1 that isn't a problem - I don't think you can actually measure KH 0 anyway with the usual test kits as each drop is +1 KH? It is possible to get smaller reading than 1 by altering the volume of water you test, double the water (10ml) each drop of tester fluid is then half a KH, double that again (20ml) and each drop will be quarter of a KH, but it isn't really necessary and wastes a lot of tester fluid  you could try it once though if you want a more accurate idea of exactly where the KH is, not to the nearest whole number. I may not have grasped what your actually asking and I don't see any problem from the post but do feel free to ask again if I haven't understood? Welcome to the forum by the way and hope you enjoy it! Simon