Shrimp ID

Squiggle

Hey All, just wondering if anyone can ID this shrimp, a friend asked me what it is & I have no Idea, cheers :victorious:

Mysteryshrimp_zps6ee542ce.jpg

Well that goes to show how much I know about natives! I honestly thought it looks like DAE as it looks similar, thanks for the clarification Bob.

Well that goes to show how much I know about natives! I honestly thought it looks like DAE as it looks similar' date=' thanks for the clarification Bob.[/quote']

+1, you're not alone :-)

When I first looked DAS was my thought because of the colour, but then I looked at the nose and eggs.

I fell into the common trap of colour ID and it dose not work on 99% of natives

Bob

I have nothing to add other than it's a very good photo. Very crisp and clear.

I was just admiring the pic too....well done squiggle. what did you use ?

Thanks guys, I thought it might have been Australiensis but just had to check with the collective knowledge on here :victorious:

Just had another question about this shrimp, the eggs size has come up as a reason why some don't think this a Australiensis, I trust your ID completely Bob but I was wondering if you could explain why the eggs on this one seem larger than others? :confused:

Just had another question about this shrimp' date=' the eggs size has come up as a reason why some don't think this a Australiensis, I trust your ID completely Bob but I was wondering if you could explain why the eggs on this one seem larger than others? :confused:[/quote']

Propbably the region it came from

just like some riffles need brackish and some don't

Where did it come from? it has the right rostrum for a Parata and I do believe there is some variation in them?? The size of the eggs is a great thing as it will be easy to breed.

There is a possibility it could be C. indistincta but a couple of other thing look to be not quite right, then there is the other option of a new species. New ones are out there to be found.

A parata with big eggs would be S hot and there is enough variation in them to start producing new colours fairly quickly.

Bob

Not sure, a guy got it from a guy, lol :smiley_simmons: I'll try & do some checking to find out where it came from :encouragement: