Sign in to follow this  
BlueBolts

Snow White Rilli Selective Breeding Program

2OFUS

Mine is 1month old

Squiggle

Mine is about a month old too :victorious:

I've also set u a small 2x1x1 for this program & it's cycling now, thanks Smicko for supplying the tanks for this project :encouragement:

BlueBolts

It's definitely a rilli trait...had them for F2+ now, just cant seem to get them breeding true .... YET.

neosin

ok i take it back

I just found a few in my tank as well LOL!

0.5cm juvie with RED eyes!!!

I was about to give up CRS/CBS as they kept dying, but somehow with 5.5 ph + co2 + ro + salty shrimp gh+ I haven't had any deaths for a while (touch wood)!

DSCN8570.jpgDSCN8583.jpg

2OFUS
ok i take it back

I just found a few in my tank as well LOL!

DSCN8583.jpg

Lol it must be from age :)

neosin
Lol it must be from age :)

lol! I did say i take it back haha!

michael

Thought id post a couple of pics of mine. The breeding program is coming along nicely. These are some of my new generation quality is getting pretty good I think

post-3161-13990985475_thumb.jpgpost-3161-139909854752_thumb.jpg

post-1567-139909853339_thumb.jpg

post-1567-139909853344_thumb.jpg

BlueBolts

Looking great ! Are your new generation breeding true ?

michael

Not quite there about 60 to 70% so getting there. I had some sold snkw whites and even a couple of cbs. But hopefully this new generation might breed higher %. The ones that are rili are solid well defined colours.

newbreed
Thought id post a couple of pics of mine. The breeding program is coming along nicely. These are some of my new generation quality is getting pretty good I think

post-3161-13990985475_thumb.jpgpost-3161-139909854752_thumb.jpg

Awesome looking combination. Great work!!

michael
Looking great ! Are your new generation breeding true ?
how is your program going marcus

Squiggle

Awesome pics dude, hopefully mine will be breeding size soon. :victorious:

michael

Hopefully. If u get them breeding and want to swap some juvies to try to get new blood lines ill be up for that

Squiggle

Definitely sounds like a plan dude, totally keen. :victorious:

michael

Hopefully between the few of us breeding them we will be able to get them to a point that they are breeding true and nice solid defined colours. A lot of the rili available and being sold doesn't have a nice band its more of a patch. And it doesnt look that good personally anything that doesn't have a true band I think should be sold as a cull not a rili

michael

It will be good to get some new blood lines into the colony and hopefully it will help to strengthen the genes

Squiggle

+1 totally agree with both posts. :victorious:

BlueBolts

Due to tank space, my SW Rilli project is assigned to a small breeding box :-( ......... not breeding true, and ONLY throwing out SW and/or Rilli patterns...so FAR from a consistent, and/or breeding true ... haven't taken pics of them lately...

null-5-1.jpg

null-4-1.jpg

BlueBolts

Then there's always the Bb Rilli :smiley_simmons:

null.jpg

ineke

Go the BB's

Squiggle

Very very cool Bluebolt BB, lol :smiley_simmons:

Ronskitz

It is crazy what some of you guys have pit into these shrimp to get such nice ones

BlueBolts

A nice variation popped up....Snow White Banded Rilli. LOL

B0D45129-C8EE-4443-8DE0-CE4E0459AFE1.jpg

poeticwinter

cool BB :) another good breeding selection program indeed!

A nice variation popped up....Snow White Banded Rilli. LOLB0D45129-C8EE-4443-8DE0-CE4E0459AFE1.jpg

Squiggle

That's a very interesting development, I'll have to get some pics of my latest generation, out of about 40 shrimplets I think I got about 6-8 candidates for the continuation of the line. :encouragement: