Snow White Rilli Selective Breeding Program

BlueBolts

Mine is about a month old too :victorious:

I've also set u a small 2x1x1 for this program & it's cycling now, thanks Smicko for supplying the tanks for this project :encouragement:

It's definitely a rilli trait...had them for F2+ now, just cant seem to get them breeding true .... YET.

ok i take it back

I just found a few in my tank as well LOL!

0.5cm juvie with RED eyes!!!

I was about to give up CRS/CBS as they kept dying, but somehow with 5.5 ph + co2 + ro + salty shrimp gh+ I haven't had any deaths for a while (touch wood)!

DSCN8570.jpgDSCN8583.jpg

• 1 month later...

Thought id post a couple of pics of mine. The breeding program is coming along nicely. These are some of my new generation quality is getting pretty good I think

post-3161-13990985475_thumb.jpgpost-3161-139909854752_thumb.jpg

post-1567-139909853339_thumb.jpg

post-1567-139909853344_thumb.jpg

Not quite there about 60 to 70% so getting there. I had some sold snkw whites and even a couple of cbs. But hopefully this new generation might breed higher %. The ones that are rili are solid well defined colours.

Thought id post a couple of pics of mine. The breeding program is coming along nicely. These are some of my new generation quality is getting pretty good I think

post-3161-13990985475_thumb.jpgpost-3161-139909854752_thumb.jpg

Awesome looking combination. Great work!!

Hopefully. If u get them breeding and want to swap some juvies to try to get new blood lines ill be up for that

Hopefully between the few of us breeding them we will be able to get them to a point that they are breeding true and nice solid defined colours. A lot of the rili available and being sold doesn't have a nice band its more of a patch. And it doesnt look that good personally anything that doesn't have a true band I think should be sold as a cull not a rili

It will be good to get some new blood lines into the colony and hopefully it will help to strengthen the genes

Due to tank space, my SW Rilli project is assigned to a small breeding box :-( ......... not breeding true, and ONLY throwing out SW and/or Rilli patterns...so FAR from a consistent, and/or breeding true ... haven't taken pics of them lately...

null-5-1.jpg

null-4-1.jpg

• 3 months later...

cool BB :) another good breeding selection program indeed!

A nice variation popped up....Snow White Banded Rilli. LOLB0D45129-C8EE-4443-8DE0-CE4E0459AFE1.jpg

That's a very interesting development, I'll have to get some pics of my latest generation, out of about 40 shrimplets I think I got about 6-8 candidates for the continuation of the line. :encouragement: