Cyclops, Copepods problems

hoang1912

Just have a look my tank and notice that Cyclops, Copepods and Freshwater Limpet population increase really fast.

According to Dean's post http://www.shrimpkeepersforum.com/forum/showthread.php/1479-Aquarium-Tank-creatures-101 These guys are no problems but it look so annoying :dejection:.

Anyone know how to kill these thing? Does Internal Parasite Clear can wipe them out?

[h=1][/h]

Fish will eat them all, put in some Endlers or Guppy's & they'll eat them :victorious:

• HOF Member

Do the Endlers really eat them? I have a tank with the same problem, no shrimplets but the water is ph5.6 can Endlers cope with that?

My tank is quite empty, just do some research, they gonna eat the shrimplet anyway but I till want to get rid of these annoying things :cower:

Yeah I've had some chase & probably eat shrimplets :dejection:

I've never had them in such low ph before on purpose but I think they might have been that low once or twice before WC's. :encouragement:

• HOF Member

It's the limpets that I'm having trouble with, also internal parasite clear doesn't hurt them at all

• HOF Member
Yeah I've had some chase & probably eat shrimplets :dejection:

I've never had them in such low ph before on purpose but I think they might have been that low once or twice before WC's. :encouragement:

Not sure i would stress the Endlers then:)

I know they'll eat the cyclops as I've fed them to fry before :victorious:

Not sure i would stress the Endlers then:)

Maybe, if you acclimatize them slow enough they might be ok?

But I still dont want to hurt my shrimplet T.T. Are there any other way to kill them since Ineke told that internal parasite clear doesnt hurt them at all

I have endlers in a pH 6.5 tank, not sure if that helps you at all

Either learn to love them, get handy with a BBS net or invest in a microfish with a smaller gob.

If you really dislike them that much, a couple of shrimplet losses shouldn't matter. I intentionally put them in my shrimp tank to feed my Channoides :)