Mischling Genetics/Breeding query

newbreed

Thanks Hoang. So all F2+ will be pure TB?

Not necessarily, you could still get mishlings after F2 if the TB is from Mishling genes, what Marcus was saying is that two generations after a Mishling TB breeds true, all shrimplets are TB, then you should, in theory, be able to say they're pure TB. Hope this makes it clear as mud, hahaha :encouragement:

Just image, u have a misling F2 might contain 25% gene of crystal, 25% or bluebolt, 25% of kk and 25% of RW. If that F2 mate with a Bluebolt, then offspring is F3 which have higher % genes of Bb(greater than 25% on F2) and others genes % will decrease. If you keep doing that again and again, you will end up with higher % chance to have Bb than KK and RW and Crystal (in this case is Mis).

From what I understand, Mishling x Mishling will go backwards & dilute the TB genes, there is a very slight chance of getting a TB but more likely get all F3 Mishlings :encouragement:

From what I understand' date=' Mishling x Mishling will go backwards & dilute the TB genes, there is a very slight chance of getting a TB but more likely get all F3 Mishlings :encouragement:[/quote']

Well I'll see whatever comes out of them, as these are Dean's lovely F4 mischlings. I've seen shadow pandas out of the same tanks ;)

Well I'll see whatever comes out of them' date=' as these are Dean's lovely F4 mischlings. I've seen shadow pandas out of the same tanks ;)[/quote']

Don't get me wrong, I was just talking about what should happen in theory, I'm sure whatever you get will be very cool &, fingers crossed, you'll get a nice surprise or two :victorious:

Don't get me wrong' date=' I was just talking about what should happen in theory, I'm sure whatever you get will be very cool &, fingers crossed, you'll get a nice surprise or two :victorious:[/quote']

Totally agree. I'm happy just to be back into the hobby, and excited to see how these will breed out...

Not necessarily' date=' you could still get mishlings after F2 if the TB is from Mishling genes, what Marcus was saying is that two generations after a Mishling TB breeds true, all shrimplets are TB, then you should, in theory, be able to say they're pure TB. Hope this makes it clear as mud, hahaha :encouragement:[/quote']

I see. Thanks for clearing that up for me squiggle.