Roberts Divided tank.

Robert

Picked this up from KiwiBigD and didnt waste any time. Gave it a good clean. Scraped off all the old paint and wanted to get it tinted but f**ks could no be found anywhere so i went down to officeworks and picked up a roll of contact. It cost ~$2.50 for a 100x45cm piece and me and my girly did it. Popped some sponge filters in and this is where im at thus far. Just have to go home and pick up my cabinet, drill the tanks, plumb and away we go.

189892_10200723505401878_748310229_n.jpg994294_10200723539522731_1141033188_n.jpg994786_10200723537842689_1129886355_n.jpg

Looking good dude, should be a very nice unit when you're finished, definitely be watching your progress :victorious:

Drilling them with water in them? ;)

How are you configuring the setup, sump or canisters or ??

Looks like a winner Robert. Are you drilling your self?

I have to drill 18 tanks Sunday, I usually use a cordless drill and set the clutch very low, so if it jams no braking, the 18 on the week end were done with a electric drill with no clutch or speed control, dam that was nerve racking, but I got away with out braking one of them and now I have jinxed my self for the next ones I drill.

Good luck with your progress.

Bob

Drilling them with water in them? ;)How are you configuring the setup' date=' sump or canisters or ??[/quote']Ill be running a reservoir tank that will have K1 tumbling away and a heater. Then ill have 3 x 2215s taking water from the reservoir back into each individual tank. MEans i can isolate tanks id i need to. Plus ill only need one heater and one chiller. Not sure if i should drill the base or the backs.Ill be drilling myself, lots of fun drilling tanks haha but ill be extra careful drilling these. would hate to crack this tank.

If you have a clutch set it so it just hold to drill the holes mate, that way when it jams no trouble and they always jam.

Have fun and keep us up to speed

Bob

sad I missed out on this :'(

Dont be sad mate, you can pop over whenever you want and gaze at the one that got away.

I'm currently making a tank like this!! What's ur filteration going to be

3xsponge filters

3x eheim 2215

few l of k1

1X jager 300w

1X 0.5hp chiller

Sounds like a very decent set up, one heater would be enough for a divided tank? i always was worried. thinking of having two one on each side lol

Sounds like a very decent set up' date=' one heater would be enough for a divided tank? i always was worried. thinking of having two one on each side lol[/quote']

For my own setup you'll see heaters in the two side tanks, but on the inside wall. The glass transfers heat to the neighbouring tank so I find the temperature varies

generally by about 0.5c. Using the outside wall I found the difference could increase.

Robert, you were fast alright, damned fast but they look great! Almost makes me wish I hadn't sold them ;-)

If you read above, I'll be drilling all the tanks so that they flow down to a spare tank will hold extra water for my heater, k1 and maybe buffers. From there three 2215s will pump the water back up to the three tanks ensuring all have exactly the same water parameters. Pretty much like a sump but I want to be able to isolate tanks

Looking pretty good robert :) an interesting concept for the filtration i look forward to seeing it all set up.

obviously when you isolate you will be just relying on the sponge then i am presuming?

Hey Robert ,

Tank is looking good ( didn't look that good at KiwiBigD's place )

Your inbox is full , trying to message you

Cheers Twellsy

Harsh Twellsey :-) That's the other tank, sold last week. I still have its brother running with Cherries and Mishlings

Sorry mate you know I love yah , wasn't that the tank on the floor or was that the one on the stand ?

Very nice Robert......looks like a perfect breeding setup. Keep us posted.

Looking pretty good robert :) an interesting concept for the filtration i look forward to seeing it all set up.obviously when you isolate you will be just relying on the sponge then i am presuming?
It goes beyond the one pump with multiple outlets. On a standard one pump setup you simply just turn off one tap and the water stops running to it and you rely on the sponge filter/internal filtration. This will also increase flow to the other tanks which can create a mess of its own. With my setup i can simply just move the inlet from inside the sump to the tank and my filteration stays perfect' date=' the heat/cold it will gather from the neighboring tanks.
Harsh Twellsey :-) That's the other tank, sold last week. I still have its brother running with Cherries and Mishlings
Ive already got my hands up for the brother.

Ha! Thank god my stand at home fit this tank. Here she is on legs. Will give her a fresh coat of paint

1004046_10200731173273570_68806574_n.jpg

Looking good so far Robert...Interested to see the final result ...:anonymous:

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Robert ,

Any progress on your setup ? Any more photos to show us ?

Love seeing what people come up with

Cheers Twellsy

Ive half repainted the stand, still need to drill the tanks. Its slow progress currently as im still searching for a substrate to try in this thank. Im also working on a few racks at the moment and will be giving the whole benibachi and salty shrimp stuff a go in those.

• 2 weeks later...

Hurry up Rob!! I nag you everytime I come over to finish painting and set this tank up! Hopefully with more support from others you'll do so!