Home for my Tigers

JPN07

G'day SKF crew, i would like to share some pics of my soon to be tigers tank. The tank is 2.5'x18"x18" (150 Liters) divided into 2 sections. Filtration is Emeim Pro 3 2073 and a sponge filter.

For this setup i am trying the Red Sea Flora Base as it sounds perfect for tiger shrimps wp. It says on package it buffers the water to 6.5-7.0 pH. So far i like it, clear water and it holds its shape very well.

The tank cycled in a week but my filter was well mature when i use it for this tank. Wp at the moment is Ammonia 0, Nitrite 0, Nitrate 10, TDS 277 and pH 6.6.

FTS

20130618_123013.jpg

LS (the beautiful driftwood was given to me by honcho)

20130618_123026.jpg

RS

20130618_123043.jpg

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JPN07

• BlueBolts

• ninja

• CNgo2006

That looks great!

What in that bag hanging into the tank there? :confused:

That looks great!

What in that bag hanging into the tank there? :confused:

Looks like purigen?

Probably old filter media to kick-start the cycle.

Awesome setup. Bet your just counting the days now waiting for the new inhabitants.

That's a beautiful setup well done.:encouragement:
Thank you ineke :)
That looks great!What in that bag hanging into the tank there? :confused:
Its Purigen.
Looks like purigen?Probably old filter media to kick-start the cycle.
Spot on. Its puigen.
Great looking tanks what varieties of tigers are going in these tanks
So far i have got a pair of OEBT from BB' date=' some tibees from ninja. And later i might get some royal blues or OEBT (love these guys) but i have to let my bank account recover first lol.
awesome bro! looks good
Cheers. Thanks bro.
Awesome setup. Bet your just counting the days now waiting for the new inhabitants.
Hahahaha too right mate. i hoping to put them in a few days..

I like the look of that soil for Tigers, they should stand out very well, good to see lids on as well, tigers really need those.

I like the look of that soil for Tigers' date=' they should stand out very well, good to see lids on as well, tigers really need those.[/quote']

On Saturday night about to leave for dinner, I spot a tiger in the breeder box I converterd into a hang on filter.

I suppose it climbed up the air intake. :/

BB says if water conditions are perfect, shrimp won't go walkabout?

My shrimp are really fit, they have to be to survive in my tanks or they get blown about by the water current. I do tend to go a bit overboard with water flow, lol.

Instead of looking for greener pastures, I think mine are looking for calmer pastures? It's only the tigers and Tibees that do it though. Pity we couldn't have shrimp races?

Very nice...can see lots of thought and planning thats the into the setup. Well done John.

There is an alternative to your problem ... ".....but i have to let my bank account recover first lol." :rolleyes:

I've always wanted to setup a rack with tanks using air pumps only, but not confident when summer comes around. As there isn't a sump or external filter for a chiller, is there any tips in regards to how you deal with the heat?

I like the look of that soil for Tigers' date=' they should stand out very well, good to see lids on as well, tigers really need those.[/quote']Cheers ninja. Saw some tanks (google) with light brown soil for tigers and they look really nice in it. I like to have lids on all my tanks so that i don't loose too much water through evaporation, temperature stay constant and no bugs can get inside. Thank you BB. Hahahaha i know exactly what you thinking :pThanks Timmeh. I cant wait too, will do another water change tomorrow and hope the Nitrate go down lower then 10.Thank you izzy.I will be getting chiller before the summer comes. I have a 60 litres CBS tank. I use hang on cooling fan (4 fans in one) connected to a temperature controller (can get from **** for like $15-$20) in summer. Works very well but i had to top up 2 litres every day. For large racks, enclose room with air con will be the best option.

Very cool setup dude, love the colour of the soil & the scape is sweet, not over the top :encouragement: Looking forward to seeing some inhabitants in there :victorious:

Very nice...can see lots of thought and planning thats the into the setup. Well done John.

There is an alternative to your problem ... ".....but i have to let my bank account recover first lol." :rolleyes:

I know what you are on about BB, behave!!!!!!!!

Very cool setup dude' date=' love the colour of the soil & the scape is sweet, not over the top :encouragement: Looking forward to seeing some inhabitants in there :victorious:[/quote']Cheers. Thanks Squiggle :)Bahahaha

Nice clean setup there, may i ask what soil you are using?

• HOF Member
Nice clean setup there' date=' may i ask what soil you are using?[/quote']

its called Red Sea flora Base if you go to the very first post he explains exactly what he is using:encouragement:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all. A lilttle update on my tiger tank. I have decided to put yellow cherries and Tibees on the left side. Red rills, a pair of OEBT and a pair of blond tigers on the right side.

20130703_211041-1.jpg20130703_210948-1.jpg20130703_192959.jpg20130703_193624.jpg20130703_195621.jpg20130703_200353.jpg