Foam boxes

ineke

• HOF Member

Thought I better start a different thread for this question . As temporary housing for excess shrimp could they be kept in the bigger foam boxes? I have kept shrimp in an esky for a week with no problems with a heater in a glass jar and a sponge filter. Would foam boxes - the bigger ones be ok for housing shrimp . Could put soil and moss in but is the foam actually safe? When I acclimatise shrimp I use a foam container and they spend three hours or more in there. Not sure if there are any chemicals that may leech out. I don't need to do it but just wondered whether in the future I could keep culls in there until I have enough to give away? Any thoughts or ideas for any other temporary holding containers:)

The thing is although they are safe they can leak at any moment...I was keeping Betta fry in one and it leaked overnight, so wasn't aware until morning. Lucky it wasn't a big leak so no casualties.

You could use those big round plastic tubs for the bath etc, I duno how to describe them but you can usually find them in dollar stores, I have kept shrimp in those for months on end in the past. I've also used to bathtub in the past as well when I was a kid, my parent's didn't like that very much lol!

• HOF Member

Thanks guys. Yes I guess the foam ones can leak. Was just looking for some where to put culls as they will be too small to go into the fish tank- nice mouth size- the bigger ones are usually safe. Also it's not worth offering half a dozen shrimp for free it needs to be worth the cost of the postage so was looking for alternative accommodation . NO I DON'T NEED ANOTHER TANK :victorious:

• HOF Member
Just get the bigger tank then :victorious:

You win!

• HOF Member

Yes you get my culls problem solved:barbershop_quartet_

Ineke. what a load of BS you need another tank and some Big ones to and if Hubby don't like it don't feed him LOL

OH if you have more tanks I can give you crabs to???

Bob

• HOF Member
Ineke. what a load of BS you need another tank and some Big ones to and if Hubby don't like it don't feed him LOL

OH if you have more tanks I can give you crabs to???

Bob

Now if I get your crabs Bob I might have to move out let alone get more tanks:victorious:

• HOF Member
Plastic baby bath?

I have used foam boxes for breeding Daphnia.

a baby bath would probably work I was just thinking that the foam boxes being straight edges would be neat. I have found some more red cherries so don't want them mixing with my other cherries and don't really want to put them in the aquarium as the Angels are quite big now and are harassing the culls I put in with them. :encouragement:

Just feed them the luxury food. That will be really......have nice tast. Ur Angles will enjoying em :)

• HOF Member
Just feed them the luxury food. That will be really......have nice tast. Ur Angles will enjoying em :)

So you don't want the prize of my culls then:(

Go to bargain store and get those clear large storage containers ineke they work great! I used these after the leakage incident of the foam boxes.

• HOF Member
Go to bargain store and get those clear large storage containers ineke they work great! I used these after the leakage incident of the foam boxes.

good thinking Chi that would work:encouragement:

• HOF Member
Haha. I thought you are joking abt that. If u do offer it' date=' I am appreciate that...yay[/quote']

I only have a few reds and rillis at the moment not enough to be worth sending:(

Keep them in a bracket or a container as Chi said, put a sponge filter and a heater and leave them on the side next to your tank then, they will be alrite

• HOF Member

I think that will be the easiest way Hoang I can just keep adding any culls I see until I have enough to offer someone and if no one wants the culls I can grow them until they stand a chance in the fish tank. At the moment it will only be any Red cherries and rillis I don't have enough of anything else to cull:encouragement:

• HOF Member
OK now try in english!

Seniors moment pressed the wrong button:redface-new: