Sign in to follow this  
ineke

is the an equivalent product to biozyme

JohnH

Oh, excellent news, I'm going to re-stock.

JohnH

Bugger. Looks like the UK mob are sold out already. There is one lot selling a single 50g packet for $99 - yikes

ineke

They put that price in when they are out of stock to keep the ad we asked:encouragement:

Dean

im sure this has been said by someone before but you dont need to waist money on Biozyme products..

simple put a piece of glass (cut up some cover glass) in a bucket in the sun for a week and then put it in your tank.

cut a couple of them and rotate them as needed. Nothing beats natural biofilm!!!

this is why i always keep a tank empty and rotate a empty tank for babies, but above is easier if you dont have many tanks..

you will get much better survival rates and healthier shrimp using home grown bio film :)

ineke

Hope I still get mine they took the money and said there were still 7 pkts it must have sold out very quick

ineke

Thanks Dean no I hadn't heard that before. I was putting moss tiles outside in a bucket and the shrimp went crazy over them but I got a couple of nasties in the tank so stopped doing it. The glass idea is excellent you can see what's on it. Thanks will do that talk about thinking outside the square and so simple:D

torface
im sure this has been said by someone before but you dont need to waist money on Biozyme products..

simple put a piece of glass (cut up some cover glass) in a bucket in the sun for a week and then put it in your tank.

cut a couple of them and rotate them as needed. Nothing beats natural biofilm!!!

this is why i always keep a tank empty and rotate a empty tank for babies' date=' but above is easier if you dont have many tanks..

you will get much better survival rates and healthier shrimp using home grown bio film :)[/quote']

Would acrylic work??

ineke

Tori I think it would but I've just gone through a heap of photograph frames that I don't use anymore and got all the glass out they are a little bit big but I don't have a glass cutter. The edges are nice and smooth you can get them at cheap shops or vinnies for next to nothing . I've put them in my cull pool outside.

torface

Good idea, thanks ineke!

I might try the acrylic as I have a few random little squares lying around :encouragement: