Dropping my ph!!

DG17

Hi guys,

havnt been on for a while as work is eating 80hrs of every week atm!! But my rack is set up fully cycled and running well.. Water parameters are as follows

TDS 225-225

nitrite 0

ammonia 0

nitrate 0 (love frog bit)

gh 6

kh 0-1

ph 6.0 (but sneaks up to 6.3-6.4)

im using benibachi mineral powder under 8-9cm bed of bennibachi soil

7 red bee mineral balls per 3x1.5x1.5 tank.

Just drift wood and salty shrimp caves in each tank.

salty shrimp bee mineral powder when I do water changes with to/Di wawater and straight RO/DI water for top ups.

Does anyone know why the ph keeps creeping up to 6.3 before I change it again and it come down to 6.0??

Its been a while since we heard from you but glad your back.What type of test kit are you using??

i have 8 cm benibachi and my ph is always below 6. I think your tds is abit to high in my opinion.

• HOF Member

perhaps the mineral balls are increasing both ph and tds- check them out see what the packet tells you

Thanks guys, packet sez to put alot more balls but its bennibachi and they always say to use heaps more of everything for some reason.

and sorry correction with my previous post.

TDS is 170-179

EC is 225-230.

so yep your right it would have been on the high end at 225 haha. But my mistake..

Just wanted to clarify whether your PH fluctuates between 6-6.4, or creeps up to 6.4 from 6 ? PH fluctuations do occur during light on/off, depending on the amount of plants you may have etc....

I use 2-3 mineral balls per 60 lt tank, and notice my TDS creeping up.

Your WP looks great. Well done.

Yep creeps up from 5.9(lights off)-6.2(lights on) straight after my 10% weekly water change to 6.1(lights off)-6.4 (lights on)

i have 7red bee mineral balls per 190L tank.

Is it noal to gradually creep up .5ph between water changes

Would the oxydators increase the ph some what??

And is the weekly .4 ph increase still stable enough to keep and breed TB.. Successfully?

I pretty much have all water parameters stable even EC only increases by 5-6 between weekly water changes.

should I reduce the bee balls per tank or not worry about it at the gradual increase in ph over the week isn't anything to worry about and is above 6ph ok for TB? As this is all I plan on keeping

I keep tbs in 6.4 without a issue

females are constantly berried And ALL baby's seem to be surviving :)

I've been wondering what happened to you mate now to stock that rack, lucky you been working hard! Lol!

Thanks 2ofus, i just wanted to make sure that my water is 100% I was so keen on those 2 tb trios dean had for sale for 1800 but was still playing with practicing water changes and so forth and not getting massive fluctuations.. Now with every water change I only have an EC drop of 10 bringing it from 230 to 220 and a ph drop of .4 from 6.4ish down to 6 then it slowly creeps back up through the week..

Hopefully these small fluctuations are still stable enough for TB.. Really loving JPN07s green hulks,

Chi I barely have time to scratch my butt man, my rack is looking nuts and I'm collecting different mosses 2 I'm after star moss.. Haha