Show Us Your Wild Shrimp

Triggs

Thought I'd start up a thread to share any interesting Wild Shrimp people may have caught. This one is my favorite, When the water conditions are perfect it's a brilliant Red Colour, However if conditions fall and nitrates reach above 20ppm it changes to Black.

This is it's Red form;

rd2u.jpg

And this is its Black form;

img0919u.jpg

And this is it's Orange form?;

ong3.jpg

Please share yours. :encouragement:

That is super cool!! What is its habitat like? And have you managed to breed them? How many do you have? Of you've bred them have you raised the fry and do they have a larval form? Sorry for the 20 q's :D

Nice glassy you have there!

SKF_LibraryGlassShrimp.jpgSKF_LibraryGlassShrimpII.jpg

My favourite one was white with gold bars down its back. Looked pretty sweet till he died :(. Might have been old age as he was a big fella :)

That is super cool!! What is its habitat like? And have you managed to breed them? How many do you have? Of you've bred them have you raised the fry and do they have a larval form? Sorry for the 20 q's :D

I have not managed to make it breed. I've had it with my Cherries and 4 Ghost shrimps in hope that I can but in 6 months or so I've had no luck, I've seen it sattle so know it's female but never managed to get it to berry.

I'm not sure if it has a larval form, However where it came from is an isolated lake so I know it won't require brackish water if it ever does as the lake is 100% fresh water.

I've been considering passing it along to someone like Dean who may be able to breed it as I think to loose something like that would be a great loss, and to breed something like that a great gain for everybody.

That's a bloody healthy Glassie Loach, So nice and clear! A sign of perfect health.

That's a bloody healthy Glassie Loach' date=' So nice and clear! A sign of perfect health.[/quote']

Yes, i need to go catch more! They might even help out with the algae problem in the 4fter :)

Yes' date=' i need to go catch more! They might even help out with the algae problem in the 4fter :)[/quote']

lol, Only a nice balanced tank will do that :-P

I think your problem is high nitrates and too much sunlight/lighting with a non-co2 tank personally.

Its clado. It started from a stupid diy marimo ball attempt that lost control lol. That introduced the clado followed by the "non-co2" making it worse. But fear not, most of it is gone now :)

The glass shrimp are known to help with eating clado algae.

Its clado. It started from a stupid diy marimo ball attempt that lost control lol. That introduced the clado followed by the "non-co2" making it worse. But fear not' date=' most of it is gone now :)

The glass shrimp are known to help with eating clado algae.[/quote']

Hahahahahahahahahahahah you actually tried that??

It doesn't look like a real one :p and was it really worth it? :p

Its all experience :)

Now lets stop derailing this thread and get back on the topic of wild caught shrimp.