cute little tank

ineke

I struggle every day with my little cubes Shrimp climbing into the sump then at one time climbing out altogether- I fixed that problem- but with the bigger tanks I have no problems so while small is cute I think a bigger tank is best. My 70 litre aqua one ecostyle 61 is excellent a great size' date=' builtin light and filter and no escapees! It's 61x 36D x44H easy to get at easy to clean and easy to see the shrimp. If I can afford to i would like to eventually have 6 of them as my main tanks they are very neat looking too. But if I go for the rack and sump then probably the 18" or 24" tanks just to make it all look nice and tidy.

So if hubby can have 2 drum kits you can have more tanks:victorious:[/quote']

Thanks Ineke. Food for thought here....as I am really unsure what size to go for. :confused:

You always need more tanks!!! No I want to get more tanks that are the same instead of lots of different sizes and types. Hubby is making me a bench to go around the room soon as I can't have a rack due to back and neck injuries . Cant work with hands above my shoulders and cant do lots of bending so having a flat rack!!!!! But it will look messy with lots of different tanks and as it is in the house need it to look tidy.:encouragement:

It does look cute but you will find the WP will not be easy to keep constant...May be OK for cherries but for Crystals not so good.

It's all part of the learning curve, some people keep making the same mistakes, others don't. I'm sure Ineke didn't buy it to put Crystals in?

It would be a good tank for BB to send a vacation shrimp to, lol

• HOF Member

This tank is definately not for Crystals and even when I put the cherries in there it will be short term. I had a plan and it will help me get it sorted then the light will be good for the bigger tank and the cute tank will be for BB's holidaying shrimp see win win:cheerful:

having said that there are people on the forum no naming but one of the breeds and shows Bettas who have their crystals at work in a small 10 litre tank and they are breeding . It can be done but thats not my plan:onthego:

Yes that betta breeding nut has all his shrimps in little tanks and theyre all doing really well :encouragement:

Loving this little tank ineke, it's like the "bookshelf" ones, they look really good :)

• HOF Member

Thanks it does look nice but as has been mentioned the little tanks need extra attention but is is cute!

I kept my Reds in a 10l for months with no dramas (until the filter broke down lol) :)

• HOF Member

I think the cherries will do fine. I mainly got the tank for viewing my chocolates initially but I need to get the sumps out of my cubes and I can put half the water from the cube into the little tank and do what needs to be done without having to cycle anything and then put them all safely back into the cube with their water and all should be good. :encouragement:

We have CBS and black knights in a 16litre iq5

theres 20 or so CBS and 6 black knights

plus about 15 zebra shrimp

have not had 1 death to date :)

• HOF Member

That's great I was getting put off putting my chocolates in there but I'm home all the time and do frequent water testing and weekly small water changes so I will still give it a go. I have CBS in with the chocolates so if they all go in to the little tank I can fix their cube and then the shrimp in the other cube can go into the fixed cube. Less swapping and changing. Thanks for that:encouragement: