cute little tank

ineke

• HOF Member

I bought a very cute little tank yesterday it has a Betta etched in a corner ,frame etched all round and a plant in the other corner. i set it up last night with plants from another tank, new fluval stratum, 2 sponge filters from other tanks, 1/2 fresh RO and 1/2 water from another tank with sulawesi salts. The tank apparently has cycled no ammonia and 5 for nitrates but will let it go for a few days and check what it is doing. Here is the cute side of the tank it is 60 x 15 x 15 and holds 13 1/2 litres without substrate. It is low and not much inwidth but a good size in length., it also has a mirrored back. I got the tank and the light for $35 and think it's a bargain except for a big scratch on the front which I didn't notice empty. It was originally made for displaying a Betta but it is going to hold my chocolates as although they are out it is very hard to see them in the cube unless I spend big on a better light.<a href=%7Boption%7Dhttp://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b583/ineke24/P6080012_zps0a76a0d8.jpg' alt='P6080012_zps0a76a0d8.jpg'>

Cool very nice, add a thin layer of coloured stone on top. A colour that will show up their colour.

What a cool little tank! Very nice! :encouragement:

Where did you find it?

Very nice Ineke, the tank looks bigger in the photo. Divide into 3 sections so you can add other variety. Lol

Very nice Ineke, the tank looks bigger in the photo. Divide into 3 sections so you can add other variety. Lol[/quote

13 1/2 L's is a bit small to divide, don't you think?

13 1/2 litres is very small, you are going to have to be careful of fluctuations Ineke?

Was it you who said you had a shelf in your toilet?

Apart from power source, (never seen an outlet in a toilet) it could be ideal, you could get a fix even doing your business? Next would be one on the bed head? Bubbles while going to sleep could be restful or irritating depending on the person?

Next would be one on the bed head? Bubbles while going to sleep could be restful or irritating depending on the person?

Hahaha, I guy I know bought two LumiQ nano tanks & uses them from bedside lamps, very cool idea :victorious:

• HOF Member

Thanks all i think. No power in the toilet so thats a no no. No bedhead that it could sit on , too big for bedside so right here next to the computer is a good place until I get the bench made to put the tanks on!

Yes I'm aware that 13 litres is a small volume and will watch for fluctuations I have to watch the cubes any way. I don't have many chocolates at the moment and will eventually have to move them on. I want to empty my cubes to take the sumps out and between this little cutie and the 30" I can just about do it. The little big tank:) would also make an ideal tank for keeping a nice male in and giving him a change of harem when the deed is done? If it ends up too hard at least it could be an isolation tank and the light can be used for a full size 2 footer I see it as a win win situation the light alone would be worth the $35 and I still have the tank:encouragement:

• HOF Member
Very cool tank Ineke' date=' the scape looks stunning :victorious:[/quote']

I made Alan come and have a look before I added anything else and he told me to stop so for once I listened less is more:victorious:

• HOF Member

I think 3 little tanks would be good and wouldn't be hard to do would it MrShrimp;)

• HOF Member
What a cool little tank! Very nice! :encouragement:

Where did you find it?

I got it from gumtree. Was going to offer less but when I saw it I thought it was value for money anyway so just paid it- pity about the scratch though:encouragement:

• HOF Member
Cool very nice' date=' add a thin layer of coloured stone on top. A colour that will show up their colour.[/quote']

I might try I have some white that I could use but I think with the brighter light I should be able to see them.I now have bags and bags of lovely gravel and nothing to use it in- I need more tanks:triumphant:

It was a joke Lol. If you did it, each section would be the size of a tea cup. If you put your hands in one of the section, all the water and shrimp will spill out. You will have to use a syring or turky blaster to do water change.

• HOF Member

I know I wouldn't do it just going along with your joke!!!!:D

I got it from gumtree. Was going to offer less but when I saw it I thought it was value for money anyway so just paid it- pity about the scratch though:encouragement:

I'm keeping an eye on gumtree all the time. I'm going to buy a larger tank when we come back from our holidays (if I can still afford it then :dejection:)

But husband just bought 2 (TWO!) drum kits = I can have more tanks! Hehehe!

• HOF Member

I struggle every day with my little cubes Shrimp climbing into the sump then at one time climbing out altogether- I fixed that problem- but with the bigger tanks I have no problems so while small is cute I think a bigger tank is best. My 70 litre aqua one ecostyle 61 is excellent a great size, builtin light and filter and no escapees! It's 61x 36D x44H easy to get at easy to clean and easy to see the shrimp. If I can afford to i would like to eventually have 6 of them as my main tanks they are very neat looking too. But if I go for the rack and sump then probably the 18" or 24" tanks just to make it all look nice and tidy.

So if hubby can have 2 drum kits you can have more tanks:victorious:

Ineke, Great looking tank, I really like these longer shallow tanks. Your scaping is great. I think the mirrored back looks great too. A bit scared when you wrote "- I need more tanks:triumphant:" didn't you just get one?? :P

Ineke' date=' Great looking tank, I really like these longer shallow tanks. Your scaping is great. I think the mirrored back looks great too. A bit scared when you wrote "- I need more tanks:triumphant:" didn't you just get one?? :P[/quote']

What are you saying Newbreed, don't you understand, MTS????????

• HOF Member

You always need more tanks!!! No I want to get more tanks that are the same instead of lots of different sizes and types. Hubby is making me a bench to go around the room soon as I can't have a rack due to back and neck injuries . Cant work with hands above my shoulders and cant do lots of bending so having a flat rack!!!!! But it will look messy with lots of different tanks and as it is in the house need it to look tidy.:encouragement:

• HOF Member
What are you saying Newbreed' date=' don't you understand, MTS????????[/quote']

iv'e got it bad!!!!

MTS - I am in denial. Had 15 tanks running last winter. Now running three heated and three with goldfish. Probably have 19 in total but still look at new ones too........think I have it bad. Ineke a bench of aquarium around the room sounds awesome, I would be just sitting in my desk chairs in the middle slowly spinning all day. :encouragement: