Have you seen a guppy like this?

Baccus

I was checking in my reject/ for sale tank of ******* earlier and found a rather striking young male that reminded me of a fish called a rainbow shiner. Sorry about the quality of the pictures the first one is him in a feeding scrum with the other *******. The one I am interested in has the red line along his dorsal/ top and the blue line below that also running from head to tail. P1010187-2_zpsb82c8c32.jpg Here he is again separated out from the general herd who kept darting across the camera shots. Unfortunately I had to use the flash which washed out some of the red line and made the blue less obvious. P1010268_zps02177369.jpg P1010246_zpsb07eb672.jpg

Awesome guppyfish, great strain, you need to keep him.

Looks like a Cardinal or Neon tetra, very interesting potential, can't wait to see what direction you take him :encouragement:

He is very striking, the trouble is picking a suitable female to breed him to. Any none coloured females could have all sorts of colour genes and the bulk of my other females are with blue/ black tailed and bodied or black bodied with a red tail. I will certainly keep an eye on him and see how he develops as he matures fully.

LOL, faster than all other males to mate with the females

Love the Super Guppy! Like Jay said....it looks a bit like a neon tetra. I have never seen a guppy like this before!

I hope you can breed more Super Guppie.s from him.

I think his spidie senses have been tingling because he is being the devil to get any more decent photos of. I will have to sit patiently by the tank and scrutinise the hypo critters to see if I only have the one male who forgot to hide his secret identity. The other half things that this guy came about from a cross between a male creek guppy and one of his reject (only reject because they don't show the colour we are breeding for) females. I have also been trying to get a picture of one of the fluro yellow males, and it appears I don't currently have any pink males left, although another member here up in Cairns might have one of my pink boys in her tanks.

I think his spidie senses have been tingling because he is being the devil to get any more decent photos of. I will have to sit patiently by the tank and scrutinise the hypo critters to see if I only have the one male who forgot to hide his secret identity. The other half things that this guy came about from a cross between a male creek guppy and one of his reject (only reject because they don't show the colour we are breeding for) females. I have also been trying to get a picture of one of the fluro yellow males' date=' and it appears I don't currently have any pink males left, although another member here up in Cairns might have one of my pink boys in her tanks.[/quote']

You must try harder! :(

I'm so totally addicted to guppy and endler photos at the moment. :smiley_simmons:

Please feed my addiction everybody!

After a couple of hundred photos of blurred streaks of colour fast disappearing out of range I have got some more pictures of my "Rainbow Shiner" guppy ( otherwise known as either Superman or Spiderman). In the flesh he has the same iridescent scales along his back like a true male rainbow shiner in breeding condition. I may have another slightly similar male but this guy is well and truly the best with the most solid and distinct stripes. P1010351_zps1dc937ec.jpg P1010340_zps5b32a18e.jpg P1010405_zpsbf033949.jpg P1010388_zpsdd9c784d.jpg I also got a couple of shots of one of the fluro yellow males but he didn't turn out as great. P1010269_zps0d91cd68.jpg P1010361_zps5b1c4605.jpg And then there is this little guy with just one large dark blue diamond on each side of his body P1010295_zpsb76f51c7.jpg

Amazing guppyfish there mate. Outstanding combinations. Love the blue diamond.

I love Superguppy! He is stunning but the one with the blue diamond is interesting too, looks very elegant.

Guppys are such an amazing fish being so variable in colour and shape.

Yeh real nice ******* there baccus.......I've checked out my lot and most of the males are blue and a couple have a deep purple color running down the sides. Maybe I have a female that could carry the same gene. Geez I wish the babies would hurry up and grow so I can check for super guppy stains....but a few look like batman.

It seems the humble guppy is much like the humble red cherry, so many possibilities the colours are endless. Am I really taken by Super Guppy, just a shame he cant go into his own breeding program at the present time, but in the mean time he is happily chasing around all the females in the tank along with all the other excess males. So who knows eventually I may see more Super Guppy's.