Breeder nets

Heavyd

Does anyone use those aquaone breeder nets for their shrimp. I have a few that I've been using to temporarily house shrimp, that I'm moving between tanks or going to sell.

My question is: Has anyone kept shrimp in them long term? Any adverse effects? I was thinking about using them to selectively breed, but wasnt sure if permanently keeping shrimp in them would cause undue stress etc.

Experiences?

I had my Cherries in one for a few weeks without issue.

However when I put some locally caught wild Ghost Shrimp in there all the smaller ones just swam out the holes and straight into my Guppies mouths >_<

So I don't think they'd be really suited for shrimplets at all. I had no problems with the long term health of adult shrimp in them however they were only in there for maybe 5-6 weeks.

im keeping my pair of yellow cherry in one of the clear internal floating boxes, they seem happy in there. I think some shrimp may get stressed and lose there colours and with the nets i think they may build up abit of poo and stuff and may cause water quality issues orr grow nasty stuff.

Yes you are right about the shrimplets. I have had little CRS shrimplets appear inside the net lol

I ask because I always notice my shrimp pacing along the perimeter and trying to clamber out above the water's edge in the corners.

If you have the room/tank that suits one. One of them "External Breeder boxes" might be a option?

You'd just have to cover the outflow with some fine grade mesh ?

@lachie: My shrimp seem more stressed in the plastic breeder boxes, always slipping around and trying to poke their little noses through the slits. I havent noticed any issues with poo in the nets yet. I think the shrimp poo is small enough to break down and fall through.

@triggs: I'm not so keen on those satellite breeder boxes. Probably a bit noisy as well. Although Ive noticed people having decent success with them.

i have used 2 of the satellite breeder box for selective breeding and they breed well and all shrimplet hatch inside the box ,but put a lot of moss in the box is the key .

i use internal one just for temp and for adult only,as they can climb out of the net :) so can't be long term