My Shrimp Tanks

HelvinHT

Wow Helvin, I'm super jealous, they are great shrimp especially the sulawesi's.

Wow what a beautiful sight to behold :thumbup: gorgeous shrimp especially the red with the spots WOW JUST WOOOWWWE

very nice shrimp .Love the Cardinal Shrimp how do they go in the same water with the cherries
Thanks Matblack. The tank for The Sulawesi shrimp has PH 7.5-8' date=' TDS 400, temperature 28c (use water heater for my 23c shrimp room). The cherries are just to accompany the Sulawesi shrimp. This is my first sulawesi shrimp, I just want to try keeping them.
Beautiful shrimp HelvinHT awesome colours. I see you use an undergravel filter but very modified. How do you find it? I have always liked the under gravel but it doesn't get used much here for shrimp. The layers you are using should build up great bacteria for the tank -thanks for sharing:encouragement:
Thanks Ineke. I got the idea from local friend here. Yes the idea is to have more media for the bacteria. Another shrimp tank of mine use Bioball, Ceramic ring, Undergravel plate and soil. My newest shrimp tank use only undergravel and soil, but seems i having problem with the amonia. My temporary conclusion is that lack of media for bacteria.
So nice to see overseas shrimp, Helvin, thank you for showing us. How long have you had the Cardinals, have they bred?What conditions do you have them in? Are they wild caught or tank bred?
Thank Ninja. I got the cardinal for 2-3 months. I have to check if any of them will breed. I rarely look at this tank. Seems like maintenance free tank (only top up the water) than my other PRL tank.Tank only 30cm. The cheapest one. Local sand and silica sand at the bottom. Then a 2 cm black sponges after the Undergravel plate. Then again a thin layer of local sand.Temperature at 28c and i use shirakura ca+ as additional mineral.I am not sure if they wild caught or breed. Just bought them from local store. From 10 shrimps, only 4 survive within 3 days.
Wow what a beautiful sight to behold :thumbup: gorgeous shrimp especially the red with the spots WOW JUST WOOOWWWE
Thanks Blackcat. I specially like the colour of the sulawesi too.

Wow Helvin' date=' I'm super jealous, they are great shrimp especially the sulawesi's.[/quote']

Thanks Fishmosy. I like them too. The spots...

Gorgeous shrimp dude, cardinals are amazing, I really like harlequin shrimp. Sulawesi shrimp are so small & delicate compared to other Bee shrimp, good luck with them :victorious:

Gorgeous shrimp dude' date=' cardinals are amazing, I really like harlequin shrimp. Sulawesi shrimp are so small & delicate compared to other Bee shrimp, good luck with them :victorious:[/quote']

Thanks Squiggle. Yes, The harlequin is beautiful.

Waittt... What do you guys called Cardinals ? I though it's the sulawesi shrimp.

Thanks Squiggle. Yes' date=' The harlequin is beautiful.

Waittt... What do you guys called Cardinals ? I though it's the sulawesi shrimp.[/quote']

Cardinals are the ones in your pics with white dots :victorious:

And white front legs. They must be wild caught if 6 died already. They are very hard to keep and harder to breed.

If you buy more, ask for tank bred ones.

:)
And white front legs. They must be wild caught if 6 died already. They are very hard to keep and harder to breed. If you buy more' date=' ask for tank bred ones.[/quote']I am a emotional buyer. I bought the shrimps without proper preparations.I bought the shrimp and the tank at the same time, this was a mistake.I should have prepared the tank before buy the shrimps. I lost 4 in the temporary bowl, 2 in the tank due to bad quality water heater (heated up until 45c). You are probably right, may be they are wild caught.The remaining 4 sulawesi are already 3 months in the tank, hope they have adapt well.Some of local breeders are trying to breed them because less number of shrimps in the natural habitat due to some crazy people who release some species of fish that are predator to this shrimps. I heard this from local friend in sulawesi island.

• 2 weeks later...