I have a shrimp tank with Platinum Soil, it have been running a month

and I wanna top up with Ruby Soil...

here's the information about that soil:

- Provides good water quality

- Media for flora and fauna

- Balances pH and kH

- Zero ammonia

- Slightly acidic

is it safe if I top up that soil without cycling? because the soil is zero ammonia..

I have a shrimp tank with Platinum Soil' date=' it have been running a month

and I wanna top up with Ruby Soil...

here's the information about that soil:

- Provides good water quality

- Media for flora and fauna

- Balances pH and kH

- Zero ammonia

- Slightly acidic

is it safe if I top up that soil without cycling? because the soil is zero ammonia..

I never have the chance o try ruby soil. But I have tried ISTA ph5.5 who is written 0 amonia, but the facts is I still got amonia. Better try first in a small container to see if it's really 0 amonia.

some friends top up their Breeders soil with Platinum and they are fine. I think because they already have a mature tank with sump filter so the water volume is high.

I read that amonia is not too dangerous in low PH condition, so normally if we add little amonia should be fine.

Anyway, why you want to add soil, you still have a 1 month old platinum soil.

Please wait for advice from more experience friends in this forum or you can experiment with your own risk.

I think if you add a bit at a time you should be ok. Maybe 1-2 cups every couple days if you have a mature filter n tank probably can add more. Make sure to test water regularly for any spikes.

I never have the chance o try ruby soil. But I have tried ISTA ph5.5 who is written 0 amonia' date=' but the facts is I still got amonia. Better try first in a small container to see if it's really 0 amonia.some friends top up their Breeders soil with Platinum and they are fine. I think because they already have a mature tank with sump filter so the water volume is high.I read that amonia is not too dangerous in low PH condition, so normally if we add little amonia should be fine.Anyway, why you want to add soil, you still have a 1 month old platinum soil.Please wait for advice from more experience friends in this forum or you can experiment with your own risk.[/quote']hmm... still got ammonia...I got 2 ltr Ruby soil from my friend..is not enough if I make a new tank... so I planned top up my existing tank with that.. :Dthank for advice... I'll try :DI hope my shrimps won't fly to heaven...