How are your Rillis going

ineke

I do have some really nice yellow rilli but the little giys just dont want to breed. Hopefully soon.

• HOF Member

Thanks Michael would be great to get a better picture we are all really interested in the yellow rilli because most of us haven't seen them

Wow michael, that looks awesome, I do believe they are the first yellow rillis on this forum, well done mate, keep up the good work! :victorious:

Sorry about the poor qualoty pics taken on my phone and the tank has just been moved so not fully settled yet

• HOF Member

Wow really cool Michael keep us updated on their progress and breeding hope they do really well for you.:encouragement:

Thank you ineke ive just bumped up the temp slightly I think every couple of days ill increase it by half a degree till I get to 25 and hopefully that might trigger them into the mood im not sure what ill end up with but fingers crossed there should be some yellow rili in amoungst them

DIBS! I'll setup a second tank to house some of those things!

Are rili's just chance and selective breeding? Theoretically we could see Blue rili's and sunkists?

• HOF Member

Well we have the carbons coming on, reds with blue genes, the yellows, overseas they have much more so the possibilities are there. Funny thing is some of us have very nice red rillis and yet we are chasing the Blue Velvets that they throw if they have the blue gene:encouragement:

Completely agree. I love a good red rili with a nice blue stomach. Id love to see orange rili or even a royal blue with a light body ive seen pics o both overseas they look anazing and totally possible so hopefully its only a matter of time

Am I mistaken in thinking that we can't get blue heads/tails with clear centers as the 'blue' gene usually effects the entire body?

The carbons are usually darker heads/tails with blue middles right?

I'd pay money to see a sunkist/pumpkin rili!

• HOF Member

It takes some one with a lot of time and commitment and almost anything is possible. Plus willingness to cull anything not up to scratch:encouragement:

I'm too much of a softie to kull anything.

I had a hard time giving away my Pleco..

I've got 3 males here that DESPERATELY need to be kulled to allow my 2 good males to get some sexy time in. But I just cant bring myself to do it :p

• HOF Member

That's why I put up the thread about foam boxes I gave away all my Red Cherries earlier this year and still have a few that were babies at the time no one is interested in one or two and its not worth the cost of postage but if I had somewhere to put the few culls every few weeks they would eventually build up to be worth offering to a new member just starting up.