I believe I have the larval stage of C. Typus.

Naraic

Hundreds of what look to be vaguely shrimp outlined forms drifting around my briny green water tank.

Looks to be drifting head down tail up in a slightly buoyant fashion. Berries were on the girls up until Saturday at least.

I would need a 4x Optical microscope to confirm what they are but will try to get a macro of one floating past.

Ciaran

TDS is 3500

Sounds promising dude, can't wait for the results :encouragement:

They are a pain in the butt to raise, if you get 50 out of them you will be doing well.

How ever the green water and at you hardness, you chances of getting more through are very good.

Treat the ones that survive like gold as they will be the best to breed with, because they will be the biggest and best suited to Aquarium life.

Keep up updates

Bob

Update;

All the tiny drifting shrimp forms have now settled on glass or wood or filter sponge. They are definitely roughly shrimp shaped and are perhaps a millimeter in length.

I did a 50% water change this morning and matched the refill green water to 3600 TDS and temperature. Dusting with Sera Micron every second day. It proved impossible to photograph them after trying for 40 minutes!

Do any members in Perth have an optical microscope?

So how many days has it been from hatching to settlement?

It sounds like you are doing everything right, fingers crossed you get a bunch through.

Going that long you are 50% there, to see if they are feeding look to see the colour in the gut. that is one of the biggest problems FOOD.

Once they start to move around freely on the glass and substrate, leave a very small piece of Zucchini to go furry they will pick all over it, but keep an eye on the Zuk that it doesn't go to far.

So when did you get the Typus?

Bob

Got one ok picture with my phone but cannot upload it from my phone so I'll do it from a computer when I get a moment.

Had the Typus since Christmas I believe.

I think the first time I saw the females berryless (hard because of the turbidity of the water) was Saturday 1st.