Baby Chameleons

JohnH

Not the best of photos but you can see the baby Chameleon on top of the sponge to the right of the Yellow Cherry. I have counted about a doz in my tank. Most of them hang out right at the back on the sponge filter so it's hard to get a photo.

P6010562c_zpse1b6e47f.jpg

Well done new DAD

You do need a lot of detritus and micro foods for them, there would have been hundreds and the strongest few survived, that make what you are going to raise stronger and more breedable

Bob

• HOF Member

John what are you doing to me first yellows and now chameleon ! Well done I actually don't know much about Chameleons I just like them. Good luck with them:encouragement:

Nice work John, but do camilion shrimp need brackish water to breed similar to Darwin and red nose shrimp?

All 3 of those will grow in fresh water with the right food provided and not a lot of competition

Bob

Since I started using Biozyme, I went from no babies to what I have now. I normally have IAL in the tank, but it seems Biozyme has been the game changer.

John what are you doing to me first yellows and now chameleon ! Well done I actually don't know much about Chameleons I just like them. Good luck with them:encouragement:

Oh ineke, that is a baby Yellow Cherry in the photo...... just in case you were wondering what they look like lol... just jokes

• HOF Member
Oh ineke' date=' that is a baby Yellow Cherry in the photo...... just in case you were wondering what they look like lol... just jokes[/quote']

really ? I didn't notice I was too busy looking at the Chameleon :victorious:

Since my Blackmore River shrimp are breeding quite well. I am looking forwards to seeing my chameleons start adding to my native shrimp numbers, as well as the Darwin Red Noses that I also have. Congrats on your baby chameleons.

Biozyme I had never thought of that one TA, I use green water, micro algae (salt water), spirulina and hard boiled egg yoke, any thing that helps the numbers will be good.

In time by captive breeding we all will improve the survivability by growing the biggest of the young, that in turn will produce bigger, hardier young and more of the young surviving. It happens to every thing we keep, it get easier to breed and grow and then the colours start.

Bob

Awesome work dude, congratulations!! :victorious: I have to agree, I definitely owe my success to Biozyme, it's the only thing that changed before an abundance of berried girls & shrimplets :victorious: