Looking for a strong air pump

shrimpstan

Yeah I had the last one with the potentiometer & if you do the conversion it's only about 6L/min & I'd only use about 2L/min per filter, I'm using 20 airlines for a 40L/min pump & all my filters are turning over nicely. You could try the biggest one but I'm not sure if will be enough :encouragement:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• shrimpstan

• Squiggle

• fishmosy

• CNgo2006

okay, my current aqua one stella 200d which cost $35 has 2 outlets at 100liters per hour each.

so 200liters. From this, the Schego Deluxe ($165) - top of the range one seems like the one to go although very pricey!

Squiggle are they as quiet as claimed? That's the major thing that will determine if I would buy one or not.

Yeah I had mine in the cabinet & I can't remember it being a problem. The difference between your aqua one & the schego is the schego will pump the same volume in deeper water :victorious:

I have a 2nd hand Schego Optimal and M2K3.

The Optimal is the most quiet one and the M2K3 is louder by a significant amount. On full blast, both are still quieter than my Hailea air pump. Unfortunately they're not 100% silent since they are the loudest thing in my fish room.

If you are looking to just supply enough air to a couple tanks and are looking for quiet then I would say the Rena air pumps are the quietest but if you are running a large amount of tanks/racks then you will have to put up with a little noise, as they need a fair bit of power to produce enough air. Or you could just get 10 Rena air pumps!

of the pumps im using at the moment they are all different brands the one im most happy about is definitely the 4 outlet sera precision.

very good for 2 x 2fters :)