hello from mumbai

orthopod4u

hello from mumbai. just started keeping shrimps. am a novice and hope to learn from you guys. will put up pictures soon.

• HOF Member

Hi and welcome to SKF. Look forward to seeing your pictures. Lots to see and learn here. What type of shrimp do you have?

Welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy the forum as much as we do :victorious:

image-74_zpsda7bb794.jpg

Welcome to SKF!

We've been getting a few international memebers recently, it's great :)

Looking forward to the pictures!

Hi and welcome to SKF, ENJOY!

Welcome to SKF. If you have the chance to post some pics of your local/native shrimps too, that'll be great.

my shrimps

got two 100 litre planted tankspost-1108-139909851981_thumb.jpg with jawa moss. got crd, blue shrimps , black bee shrimps, cherry shrimps. like them so much that i have just ordered a 700 litre tank with chiller and fluval g6 filter. my son has also taken to this hobby and will join the forum soon. he is 18 years old. some cherry shrimps have bred in our tank and can see 30 odd babies in it. will be posting photos of the big tank in all stages soon.

post-3160-139909850596_thumb.jpg

Welcome mate ..... yes pics of native shrimp would be really cool!

• HOF Member

thanks for sharing look forward to more pictures. 700 litre tank is a serious tank:) Need a few shrimp to fill that one!:encouragement:

post-1452-139909851985_thumb.jpgpost-1452-139909851987_thumb.jpgpost-1452-13990985199_thumb.jpg

some more photos

adding plants and starting landscaping this week

post-3160-139909850598_thumb.jpg

post-3160-1399098506_thumb.jpg

post-3160-139909850602_thumb.jpg

Your tank looks cool! Love the driftwood :encouragement:

Welcome to SKF, great to have another international member :). Lovely looking tank you have :)

• HOF Member

That driftwood is a real feature. What are you planning on doing with that big tank? Lots of different shrimp or just one type. It will take some filling. We are limited with the type of shrimp we can have due to import ban, however the variety and quality of our shrimp is improving all the time. We also have some very nice native shrimp. Please continue to share we love it!!!:encouragement:

i will start planting the tank this week. planning to keep lots of varieties of shrimps. know an importer who is getting them from singapore. will keep posting photos of the tank at regular intervals...weekly i hope. some shrimps coming this weekend. will let you'll know.

• HOF Member

Excellent thanks for that. Good luck with your new shrimp:encouragement:

post-1452-139909851993_thumb.jpg

one of my smaler planted tank, 100 litres...few shrimps in there too

post-3160-139909850604_thumb.jpg

Beautifully planted, lots of places for the shrimps to play and hide. Great job!!

• HOF Member

Awesome very well done. I'm with Ninja need to go for a walk along that path:encouragement:

Very cool scape dude, I'm with ninja & Ineke, the path looks very inviting, well done :victorious:

Awesome tank!

I love how you call 100l one of your "smaller" tanks given that most of us keep nanos of 30l or less :D