Sign in to follow this  
michael

a couple of pumkins

michael
post-3452-139909851922_thumb.jpgpost-3452-139909851927_thumb.jpg a couple of pics of my pumkins. Pretty happy with the colours.

post-1567-139909860696_thumb.jpg

post-1567-139909860699_thumb.jpg

torface

Looking good Michael :)

Squiggle

Very nice pick dude, lovely colour! :encouragement: Thanks for sharing :victorious:

michael

Hopefully when they breed I will get more like the first one. I love the strong colour of it

ineke

They are very nice shrimp:encouragement:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Must Read SKF Articles

• Register today, ask questions and share your shrimp and fish tank experiences with us!

Join Our Community!

• sdlTBfanUK
      I have had the new shrimps a week and have ordered some new ones(10) for delivery friday. There are probably at least 6 of the 8 alive (they may even all be alive still) but as the tank is so densely planted it is difficult to tell, but I saw 2 black and 2 red this morning, as yesterday, but I'm sure 1 red and  1 black weren't the same as the ones I saw yesterday so there are probably at least 6, if that makes any sense??? Anyway that will be it for now and I will just let the tank and shrimps do there thing once this batch are in there in a couple of days, and I can get back to the usual routine as was, before this unfortunate event wiped out the last lot. All parameters are good, including the nitrates now, but there are a lot of brown patches on the plants and moss balls still......... It all looks a bit drab and uninspiring and brown!!! I probably just need to be a bit more patient? I will do some maintenance tomorrow and a small 2L water change, then the new shrimps will go in on friday after acclimatising. The shrimps were totally uninterested in the spinach or shrimp lolly I put in at the weekend but I am assuming they have so much biofilm at this stage that that is keeping them busy and well fed and they are staying under cover until they get used to their new environment and this strange ugly monster that keeps peering in at them through the glass from time to time? I guess if some 100ft tall bloke kept peering through my window a few times a day I would be a bit nervous/reserved shall we say? I removed the spinach and the shrimp lolly and put the shrimp lolly in the betta tank and within minutes there were 10 shrimp on it so there was definitely nothing wrong with that shrimp lolly! Simon
    • jayc
      Traps don't work on hydra. Even with planaria, it is slow and it doesn't catch them all.
    • sdlTBfanUK
      Very wise as once they start breeding your population may sky rocket anyway, as they have with the CBS! I'm sure you should get some really nice surprises/colours when they start cross breeding too! Simon
    • kms
      I will stick with the present shrimps, give it another month or so before I add some more shrimps.
    • sdlTBfanUK
      More fantastic pictures love the blue shadow panda and the 2 red pinto galaxy. Great to hear all is going so well! If you have a lot of CBS then they will breed when they are old enough so losing the 'mother' isn't too bad at this stage and they only love max 2 years anyway. Glad you still have 2 blue bolts as well - those will probably be my next purchase when they are in stock? The putting spinach in my tank has brought a few of my shrimps out but bizarrely they aren't touching the actual spinach? Seen 2 black and 3 red (of the 8 total I bought) so far today? Simon